Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoadOverlay helper button error
Today I'm doing a bit of rework on one of my interfaces to work better with the iPad.  I use lots of overlays, and make them all relative paths.

I'm running 5.1.903, and today I noticed that if I click the "Template Name" helper button in the Action Editor when editing a LoadOverlay action, I get this error message:

The incoming path was relative, but no 'relative to' path was provided.

This is with an existing relative path value entered (which works correctly in the running interface).  If I blank out that value and click the helper button, I get the "Select a template" form, but unlike the Init. Load property for the overlay, there is no "Return relative path" checkbox.
The editor has to pass long the base template path, and that needs to be done anywhere a template path is involved. I must have missed that scenario. I'll check it out.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
OK, I've fixed this for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Thanks for the quick turnaround on this and the template scope display Dean!
I upgraded to 907 and this works now with no errors. However, now I have a question.

I noticed that when I check the "Return relative path" checkbox, I get back a value with a leading "./", but it still contains the entire path. For example, I currently have a LoadOverlay command with a "Template Name" value of "./Overlay_Automation". If I use the helper to set it, what I get back is "./User/1366x768/Overlay_Automation". This isn't what I was expecting. Is that really right?
No, that's not what is expected. I could have sworn I had that working right. That happens if the base template path isn't set on the dialog box, so it thinks that the current path is /, and that makes the relative path what you are seeing. Sorry. I'll check it again.
Dean Roddey
I guess a question is, where are you getting to the action editor from? Are you just editing the action on a widget, or is this one of the other more special case actions? I may have missed some path, because it seems like I have correctly taken care of the obvious ones.
Dean Roddey
This is editing Template actions, so indeed it may be a code path that got missed.
Oh, yeh, it was. The template action dialog current doesn't get the actual template it just gets the list of actions. I'll have to pass that in so that it can set it on the action editor. Same for the hot key ones. I'll get those for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Cool - thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Variable Driver Trigger Error zra 4 371 07-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Last Post: zra
  C-Bus driver loading error znelbok 4 343 06-16-2017, 01:12 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  SOLVED -- Button States agarden 6 630 05-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Last Post: agarden
  Interface Builder Error DaveB 14 1,807 04-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Error found in Admin Interface DaveB 3 584 04-02-2017, 10:35 AM
  TimeFieldChange Error? zra 3 522 04-01-2017, 10:07 AM
  "CQCData" Locked Error jokermac 5 580 03-26-2017, 12:47 PM
  Pop3 driver error Bugman 8 1,130 01-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Last Post: wuench
  Could not bind any listening interfaces error pinballmark 12 1,115 12-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Configure -> User error zra 4 715 12-07-2016, 02:19 PM