Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELK V2 Driver - AreaArm field & Triggers?
Sorry for the pleathora of questions regarding the v2 drivers and 5.+ system.  I'm late to the game upgrading my system and feel like perhaps I missed out on the explainations. That being said.....

With the v1 Elk driver, I had a trigger on the AreaArm1 field.  This field changed with the arm status of the system.  So when I armed the system "Away" or "Vacation" or "Disarm", my CQC system would react to that and change thermostat set points, power on/off devices, etc.

With the V2 Elk driver, I don't see this field anymore.  Furthermore, I don't even see a way to add a trigger to the Area fields in the client side driver.  You can add triggers for the individual zones, but not an area.

Is there a method to accomplish what I was doing with the V1 driver with the V2 driver?  Currently I still have the V1 driver installed so that my triggers continue to work.  But obviously that is a little overkill and it would be nice to get rid of the duplicate driver.

Thanks!
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
OK. I guess I finally did something that made my ELK v2 driver reload (edit - I probably had not saved it until directed to when I tried to close it's tab), because now I see all the zones/areas that I set up in the client side driver. I understand that SEC#Area_XXXXXXXXXX_ArmMode will give me the functionality of the old AreaArm field. However, I still cannot see a way to set a trigger off that field. Is it unneccessary now to set a field to trigger, or is it more of an oversight that only zones can be triggered and not areas as well?
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
OK - after a little more exploring, I found the "Edit Trigger" button at the bottom of the driver tab. Obviously I can use this to add a trigger to the ArmMode field. So I have answered all of my initial questions....

However I do have one more question......what type of field should a glass break be set up as in the client side driver? I assume it works more like a motion detector, but there are only two choices - security and motion detector.
Brian

Ultimately, the difference between security and motion (as best I remember for this driver) is that motion just makes it a V2 motion field and it sends out a motion trigger. Security would make it a V2 zone status type field and that would send out zone status change triggers.

So presumably for a glass break it would be a security zone. If it ever was broken it would send out a security zone status trigger showing it not-ready/violated, which is probably what you'd want I guess.

For these two types of fields you wouldn't add a trigger. They send out standardized triggers. In the Admin Intf, under the /System section there's a tool in there to monitor what triggers are being sent as well, which helps with debugging.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
The docs for the standard trigger types are under "/Reference/Events/Trigger Format" in the help.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC to PowerView Hub via Serial Driver Deane Johnson 18 514 05-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  HAI Driver Issue avtexan 6 576 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Monoprice 8x8 HDMI matrix Driver NightLight 13 2,816 09-04-2017, 09:45 AM
  UPB Driver Issue tcmcgec 6 2,108 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
  HAI OmniProII Driver problems MBurger 4 1,723 12-24-2016, 07:59 AM
  Onkyo NR646 and Universal Integra Driver? Sendero 6 2,181 10-31-2016, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  Train HTTP Trigger Driver jkmonroe 24 6,927 10-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  ISY driver repeatedly losing connection Sendero 14 3,551 09-28-2016, 07:44 PM
  How to pass a variable into a field moniker EST 3 845 08-30-2016, 11:01 AM
Last Post: EST
  EventGhost alternatives to getting driver/field *TO* SmartPhone? IVB 37 5,768 08-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: IVB