Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leviton ZWave plus switches and dimmers
There has been some recent chatter in the beta forums about zwave plus so I am not sure if that will change or affect any of this. 

I have the newer leviton zwave plus switches and dimmers scattered throughout the house (DZ15S and DZ6HD). Is there a device config for these yet, or would it be very hard to make one?

Im looking at switching from the VRC0P to an Aeotec Gen5 Controller if that makes any difference.
We can look at them for the new native USB stick driver I'm working on. I wouldn't want t put any new effort into the existing VRC0P driver at this point since we want to obsolete it as soon as we can get everyone over to the new one.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Would it be a bad idea or would I break something that could not be fixed if I selected one of the older leviton switches or dimmers so I could get the basic on off functionality and dim in CQC until the new driver is ready?

I know Im new to the game so im in a different situation than those that have a zwave setup that is running as they need it to. I would even be willing on my end to create the model file If I had one to mimic or documentation to follow on how to.
Most likely one of the fairly generic other switch or dimmer types would work. I don't think too much has changed as far as the fundamental functionality of switches and dimmers. They probably still send BASIC reports and accept BASIC SET commands.

What specific models are these you have?
Dean Roddey
I am currently using the Leviton DZ15S switch and DZ6HD dimmer. I picked the VRI06 for the dimmer and the VRS15-1ZL for the switch. They seem to be working somewhat ok, at least enough to get me by until the upgrade.
Try the VRI06 for the dimmer. That's about as generic as they are likely to get, and maybe the VRR15Z for the switch. They may or may not be any better, but those are likely candidates.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HomeSeer HS-WD100+ zWave dimmer bobskie708 3 1,213 11-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Leviton VRCOP-1LW vizia rf+3 RS-232 Z-Wave Driver batwater 283 36,763 06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Last Post: jbh5000
  Leviton RZC0P RS-232 Z-Wave Driver noworries 212 46,900 03-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Last Post: batwater