Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preview of new Web based RIVA client
Installed .908, Mine fails to load. I see connecting to CQC and then it goes to a white screen. No interface.

No time to troubleshoot or log. Just adding feedback.
OK, it's got to be something about that browser that's not implementing the visibility API, so it's failing when the client tries to access it. I assume this is the Safari one and not Chrome, right? If you still have Chrome on there can you try it just as a sanity check? If it works there, then I just need to figure out the issue with Safari.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Drop the attached javascript file into:

[cqc]\CQCData\HTMLRoot\CQSL\WebRIVA\Src\

and see if this fixes the issue. The gotcha is that just checking to see if something is supported can cause an error if aren't careful. I immediately saw one place where had used the 'it has to be there' form of something instead of the 'it may be there' form.

Use the logging indicated above to see if your browser is actually using the functionality.

Attached Files
.zip   app.js.zip (Size: 8.16 KB / Downloads: 0)
Dean Roddey
So I was just thinking, though we currently only have come up with one mechanism to get web cams into WebRIVA, obviously we hope others show up, and some might be used on one type of phone and some on others. And some folks may have both types of phones. If that happened, the current scheme couldn't deal with multiple, simultaneous mechanisms at once.

So, instead of what we have now which is a /WebRIVAExt/ directory where you put the setup files, and a /WebRIVAExt/Samples where the original sample files are that you copy up to /WebRIVAExt and modify, we probably should have something like:

/WebRIVAExt/Samples
/WebRIVAExt/Default
/WebRIVAExt/Kurento
/WebRIVAExt/BobsWRTC
/WEbRIVAExt/Whatever

So that you can copy up from samples and down into a directory for the given schemes you want to use. Then, you can indicate in the URL which extension directory you want to use. If none, then Default is used, which will just contains do nothing files.

Of course you could put yours in Default if you only ever plan on using one mechanism, and not have to indicate anything in the URL. The other directories would be arbitrary for your use and purely selected based on the URL. Default would be created by the installer if not present and loaded with the do nothing files. After that it will be left alone.

I'll implement this for the next drop. You'll have to move your stuff currently in /WebRIVAExt/ down into a per-mechanism directory after upgrading.
Dean Roddey
Oh well, that ain't gonna work, for the same reasons that got me into this to begin with. That would mean dynamically loading stuff, and the Kurento stuff just will not work if done that way. So I'll have to think on that some. I guess we could just pass the extension type on to the extension functions an they could internally do whatever they want based on that. So, if you supported two schemes, you could have the extension setup load the files for both, and we could have an &exttype=xxx parameter, where xxx will just be passed to your web came setup file. Internally you could use that to setup up for one of a set of web cam mechanisms.

That would be equally as flexible and avoid issues with dynamically loading the extension files.
Dean Roddey
First of all, we need to find at least one WebRIVA/WebCam solution that works on ios Safari. Kurento seems to work for windows browsers and for Android browsers but not for ios Sarfari browsers.
Safari, it seems to me, sort of sucks from a compliance standpoint. It seems more often than not to be the standards laggard, compared to the other major browsers.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The RIVA Comm Buf Mgr pool is full and cannot be expanded any further zra 52 3,687 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  HTTP-based Trigger Driver Docs znelbok 5 648 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM
  Client Side Drivers pinballmark 2 577 12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Room config HTML based app preview Dean Roddey 5 710 11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
  5.0 Preview Stuff Dean Roddey 108 6,659 11-01-2016, 11:06 AM
  Repository + RIVA problems chmilar 7 796 03-29-2016, 02:14 PM
  4.8.2 preview Dean Roddey 18 1,223 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM
  Repointing CQC Client to new server address? Deane Johnson 11 1,236 11-10-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Client won't connect Deane Johnson 12 1,316 10-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Graphing on IOS Client zra 1 895 04-04-2015, 09:29 AM