Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preview of new Web based RIVA client
(01-02-2018, 12:12 PM)znelbok Wrote: Is there any reason why a background image would not display?  I have one image I want to use and its not rendering at.  If I use a different image it renders.

Is the color depth, position on page (centre, scale to fit etc) going to have an impact?  This can be seen in both android and in windows browsers

Image is 1280 x 800, 72ppi, RGB Colour 8 bits/channel.  Image is attached

It works fine if you view the template in the IV? Try opening it in Paint or something like that and re-saving it, then import that back into CQC over the original one and see if that makes any difference? It's always possible there's some glitch in it or something.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Yep, fine in the regular IV.

I have tried two copies already. One a jpg and anther a png. I use photoshop to do all my resizing etc.

Opening an saving as a new file made no difference.

At the moment I am inclined to say that all my old images work - that is images that were imported in older versions and the ones I am having trouble with are the newer ones that have been imported via V5. Need to test this a little more to confirm if its that case.

Update - thats not the case. I found some of the old original images and re-imported them and they are OK
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
znelbok , Dean,
OK Was able to reproduce the desktop link failure in Chrome. I had the issue when WebRiva came out but found a work around  to add a android desktop link(figured Dean had his hands full fixing more important issues). It had something to do with how Chrome saves a redirected bookmark... (maybe if not on default port?) Znelbok are you on port 80?

Znelbok try this on your android phone.
bring up Chrome
put android phone in Airplane mode.
go into chrome and bring up the CQC link 
After you  get the offline error then go into the "3 dots" in upper right hand menu and do "Add to Home Screen"
Turn off Airplane mode and try link you just "Added to Home Screen"

Something with how Chrome saves the CQC link on the homescreen is missing some paramaters.
(01-02-2018, 04:31 PM)znelbok Wrote: Yep, fine in the regular IV.

I have tried two copies already.  One a jpg and anther a png.  I use photoshop to do all my resizing etc.

Opening an saving as a new file made no difference.

At the moment I am inclined to say that all my old images work - that is images that were imported in older versions and the ones I am having trouble with are the newer ones that have been imported via V5.  Need to test this a little more to confirm if its that case.

Update - thats not the case.  I found some of the old original images and re-imported them and they are OK

E-mail me the image file and I'll try it here. It may be doing something that is causing an issue. Send me the PNG so that I try that and generate a JPG from it to try.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
The image in post 439

@kfly

I didn't have any luck with that method - i still get the same result
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Had that issue also. Trying to remember how I fixed the images. Seemed like the newer images would show up on IV and not on WebRiva(mostly my Xm Radio icons I did  a few years ago). I think all I did was go into Photoshop and change the "Image" - "Mode"  and make them "RGB color" and "8 Bits/Channel" and re-saved as .PNG
(01-02-2018, 05:50 PM)kfly Wrote: Had that issue also. Trying to remember how I fixed the images. Seemed like the newer images would show up on IV and not on WebRiva(mostly my Xm Radio icons I did  a few years ago). I think all I did was go into Photoshop and change the "Image" - "Mode"  and make them "RGB color" and "8 Bits/Channel" and re-saved as .PNG

Or maybe I also changed to "indexed color" and then back to "RBG color" before saving in photoshop.
(01-02-2018, 05:46 PM)znelbok Wrote: The image in post 439

@kfly

I didn't have any luck with that method - i still get the same result

What port are you using?
(01-02-2018, 05:03 PM)kfly Wrote: bring up Chrome
put android phone in Airplane mode.
go into chrome and bring up the CQC link 
After you  get the offline error then go into the "3 dots" in upper right hand menu and do "Add to Home Screen"
Turn off Airplane mode and try link you just "Added to Home Screen"

Something with how Chrome saves the CQC link on the homescreen is missing some paramaters.
this fixed it for me!  Thanks. I do have the port on a different number than 80, so apparently that was the case.
Who would of thought 10 years ago that I would have a phone that has a higher resolution than the tablets and touchscreens I have.  I am using 1280 x 768 on my touchscreens and tablets, but the Samsung S8 runs at 2,220x1080.

So is there any way to get the WebRiva to expand to the interface to the maximum allowed without going through the re-sizing within the AI?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 152 12,640 4 hours ago
Last Post: kfly
  ELK M1 Client Interface question lleo 1 153 06-12-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  why master server needs DHCP client running? lleo 4 647 01-04-2019, 01:13 PM
  Elk Client Interface Gremlins IVB 9 935 12-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Copy and Paste into Global Cache Client Interface kblagron 3 916 11-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  "Client Side Driver Directory Could Not be Cleaned Out" TurboSam 15 2,400 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  Admin Client over VPN batwater 1 881 08-18-2018, 04:31 PM
  Old RIVA zra 4 1,097 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: zra
  The RIVA Comm Buf Mgr pool is full and cannot be expanded any further zra 52 16,902 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
  HTTP-based Trigger Driver Docs znelbok 5 3,067 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM