Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preview of new Web based RIVA client
So I backed off for a day to think about this some more. I guess I'll have to go back to the video element, and work out some way that you guys can provide solution specific setup code without every possibility having to be built into the WebRIVA client, which would be very messy.

I was looking at dynamic javascript loading, which might be a way to do it. I can provide a URL option that would let you tell the client to load a particular javascript file of your own (which you just put somewhere under HTMLRoot), and pass it the video element to set up as it sees fit.

Of course, as mentioned above, for those scenarios that end up being used by most folks, once the details are worked out, we can just provide pre-fab javascript files of that type. But without having to hard code them into client, so that you can still use other things if you want to.

I'll bang on that some tomorrow. I can do a test scenario where it just points the video element at a file to play back. That would prove that the basic idea of a generic mechanism works. Then I can take a shot at what I think would be correct for the Korento server and some folks can help me work that out and get it working.

So it keeps my code clean and solution agnostic still, assuming it works of course.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean,

I would be happy to package up my old laptop, the one that's running the Kurento RTSP to WebRTC server, and send it to you for development and testing. 

Bryan
Actually, you could just port forward it and I could it that way I would think, right?
Dean Roddey
I have no clue. Remember, it's a Linux machine that is sitting on my home network. My IP camera is on the same network. The Linux machine also has a http server on it that's serving up the index.html and JS stuff.
It would just need to be the Linux HTTP server port that would need to be forwarded. That's where all the set up occurs and that's where the ultimate text is coming from. In our scenario, the index.html would go away and the javascript would be on our server, so ultimately all I'd be accessing is the WebRTC video stream from the web server.
Dean Roddey
OK, after a lot of fiddling about I have the WebRIVA client able to dynamically load a javascript file and call a predefined function in it, passing along the target URL (the one configured for the WebCAM in CQC) and the id of the new video element that represents the new web cam widget being created.

That javascript can do whatever it wants, though of course it's always possible that if you load a bunch of random junk (sort of the standard way of things in web world it seems) that some of it could somehow do something stupid and break the client. Just put any other javascript modules it needs to load into the same directory with the file that the WebRIVA client loads and reference them appropriately in your Javascript.

I'm going to create one that I think is correct for Kurento, then I'll work with Bryan to see if we can't get it working.
Dean Roddey
I put in a number of hours today on the web cam thing, working remotely on Bryan's system. The issue is that I can't get it to work when loading the Kurento files dynamically. It will only work if they are hard coded into the HTML as script references. This isn't doable because then everyone would have to load them even if they never used any web cams and WebRIVA would be dependent on them.

I'm not sure why they don't want to work when loaded dynamically, but the first reference to some of their code in our WebCamSetup.js file gets a undefined symbol error. I thought maybe it was because WebCamSetup.js was also being dynamically loaded, but hard coded it into the WebRIVA HTML doesn't help. That would have been fine since, by default, it could just be a do nothing file, and that's what I intended. You would replace it with a version that does whatever it is you need to do.

So I'm kind of stuck. I tried I don't know how many variations. I guess I'll give it another try. Put one monkey in a room for a long enough time and he'll write a Spider Man script.
Dean Roddey
Whatever needs to be hard coded, could it be installed my the CQC Installer at install time, much like the CQC voice stuff. Or maybe it's an option to the CQC Web Server. That way, only people who want to use the Web Cam Widget would install the necessary pieces.
It could be done I guess. But, it would mean that no new scheme could be supported without a new CQC release. If we can get it to work dynamically, then it means that anyone can make use of a new workable scheme at any time. And it means I don't have to learn about every possible scheme and update the installer to take all of the possible info that would require for each new one.
Dean Roddey
Could the path setup be part of a driver config by making it 2 pieces, whatever the core is that is required and then a driver for managing the video playback details...?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The RIVA Comm Buf Mgr pool is full and cannot be expanded any further zra 52 3,715 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  HTTP-based Trigger Driver Docs znelbok 5 658 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM
  Client Side Drivers pinballmark 2 588 12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Room config HTML based app preview Dean Roddey 5 717 11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
  5.0 Preview Stuff Dean Roddey 108 6,674 11-01-2016, 11:06 AM
  Repository + RIVA problems chmilar 7 809 03-29-2016, 02:14 PM
  4.8.2 preview Dean Roddey 18 1,238 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM
  Repointing CQC Client to new server address? Deane Johnson 11 1,246 11-10-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Client won't connect Deane Johnson 12 1,324 10-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Graphing on IOS Client zra 1 906 04-04-2015, 09:29 AM