Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.1.0 followup releases
I have trouble in "tablet" mode but if I switch over to old school "desktop" mode it works fine.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
What do you mean there? Is this on a tablet and you can switch modes somehow? Or do you mean it's a convertable like a Surface and it works when you are docks but not when in tablet mode?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
On a windows 10 tablet (dell venue 8 pro) there are the two modes.
I'll try on the Surface when it's disconnected from the keyboard, which presumably would be the same thing. Does that tablet do the desktop mode when it's docked?
Dean Roddey
There is no dock but you can toggle the mode in notification center.
It seems to work fine for me on the surface when not docked to the keyboard, this is Windows 10 of course.
Dean Roddey
Version 5.1.4 is posted. The primary things here are:

1. Nest driver updated to support the new Eco mode and Eco set points (which is shows when you are in Eco mode.) It also shows away/home state for the defined structures now, so you can trigger off a home/away change. You will need to redo your permissions for the driver since they had to be changed to get access to the Eco info. See the Nest driver page, and go back through the process of getting a PIN and generating a token. Do a reconfigure on the driver and give it the new token.

2. You can do floating point math on variables now. The underlying code always supported it, but the action editor does validation on the values, based on the type of the command parameter. It has to be set to something so it was set to Signed, which was the most neutral numeric type. But, if you tried to pass a floating point value that would be rejected since it's not a valid signed integer. So the 2nd parameter to the add, sub, mul, and div commands was changed to a new Number type, which will allow for any valid numeric value.

3. The file selection dialog (the one that lets you select remote resources, templates, images, etc...) now understands relative paths. So there's a check box available if the type of resource allows for relative paths (templates currently) that indicates how you want the dialog to return the path, fully qualified or relative to the parent template. If you have an existing path and are editing it, then it will default that check box to whatever form the current value is in, to make it convenient, but you can change it any time to go to the other form.

This makes it so much more convenient to use relative paths.

4. The IV, when in full screen mode, will sense resolution changes (basically screen rotations on a tablet) and adjust to stay full screen. That used to just work because we went full screen by just setting the main window to Maximized state. But that isn't sufficient anymore to be an on top full screen application, so it was changed so that we now explicitly set our size. But that meant that we also need to explicitly update our size if the screen layout changes. It's assumed that this would never happen on a multi-screen system. So, if you nailed your monitors and keyboard to a desk and put it on a rotating wheel or something, it might not work.

I would very much like this to be the next (and last) official 5.1 release. So I don't want to make any significant changes until enough folks have tried this version and there's not been any issues reported. A lot of good improvements have been made since the last official drop, and I'd like to be able to move to a real 5.2 beta phase and not have to be making changes in two code bases.

So please upgrade to this version, particularly if you are on any of the post official release versions. And let's get this one solid and out there.
Dean Roddey
Anyone get a change to move up to 5.1.4 yet? Notice anything that needs attention?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 4.3 followup release candidate Dean Roddey 11 1,379 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  4.2 Followup Releases Info Dean Roddey 131 6,358 11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey