Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.1.0 followup releases
Version 5.1.3 is posted. It has the Caseta driver and some more small fixes. It would be nice is some folks moved up to this version and let me know if there's anything else that should be looked at. If not, this would be a good time to put up a new official followup release I think.

The full screen thing I know still needs to be looked at.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
For some reason, my AVG Virus Checker has thrown a fit and will not let me run this file.  First a box says it does not have a valid digital signature, then when I try to continue, I get a warning box from AVG saying the file might be dangerous and has been submitted for testing.  It then seems to have blocked Windows access as I get another box saying I do not have permision to access the file.  Never gets to the DOS loader screen.

With all the recent the recent hack attacks, I am not happy to turn off my anti-virus checker until I know more.  Any chance it could have been compromised in transfer.  I am travelling at the moment and using a hotel internet.

PJG
I download it and scanned it without any errors and ran it. I did get an 'unrecognized app' warning, which is a new thing presumably from recent security updates. Basically it's an unsigned file, and it's an executable, so it's warning about running it. One thing I've noticed is that trying to run it from its download location is an issue. But, if you copy it somewhere else, Windows seems to assume that you meant to download it and moved it in order to run it.

Scan it with Defender and see if it gives you any warnings. A good scan on it may lower it's risk in the eyes of the OS, I dunno.
Dean Roddey
I just compared the version I downloaded with the original and they are identical, so it's not been modified from when I created it.
Dean Roddey
So I'm having no issues with going straight to full screen (with auto-login and without) on Windows 10 (I'm on the Creator version.) I don't have the task bar auto-hiding and it's set to always be up as well, and the IV comes up over it every time.

Now, I am running it from a command line, since I'm in the development environment. I don't think that would have any influence on the result relative to double clicking a short cut or selecting a menu option.

So is anyone still having issues on Windows 10 creator on the latest version (I've changed nothing on that front for the last few drops so anything 5.1.0 and up should basically be the same wrt to this stuff.

If so, how exactly are you starting it up? Is this an auto-start from system startup, or just a manual startup also has the problem?
Dean Roddey
I managed to load 5.1.3 and it fixes my problems.  Thanks
Here are a couple of very minor bugs:

1) With regard to the full screen on the IV, before I was having a few pixel offset problem, and that seems to be fixed.  However, on a tablet that can switch between horizontal and vertical, if you have it full screen and turn it vertical, the screen is in the upper part of the screen (no problem), however, when you turn it back to horizontal, you would expect it to go back to full screen, but it just stays the same width, so in my case, only half of the IV is showing.

2) If you pause a driver, then before resuming, you reconfigure the driver, there is an apparent flag that still shows it as paused, even though it is now running because it was reconfigured.  So you can't pause it anymore until you resume it, and it is already resumed.
On #1, I don't think that the IV currently handles watching for the screen resolution to change and adjusting for that to stay full screen. That's something that would have to be added.

I'll look at #2. I thought I fixed that once before, but maybe not, or maybe it was fixed in the 4.8 code base and somehow failed to get ported forward to the 5.x code base.
Dean Roddey
I checked the reconfigure of a paused driver. It correctly goes back to resumed state by itself when I do a reconfigure and the popup menu has Resume greyed out and Pause available. What CQC version are you on? This was fixed at some point, so maybe you are before that.
Dean Roddey
So I just checked on Win10 and Win7 and for me the IV comes up over the task bar when I either add /fullscreen to its start menu item and auto-login or use the full screen menu item. I also tried it with the task bar auto-hiding or not. When not auto-hiding, I can see it updating the task bar as the IV comes up over it.

So I dunno what is causing it not to want to do that for some other folks. We need to dig in and find out what is different. Unless you guys are only seeing it when you have the IV auto-start on system startup, which I didn't try. But there, adding the /Delay=[seconds] parameter should let it wait until things are stable before coming up.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 4.3 followup release candidate Dean Roddey 11 1,359 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  4.2 Followup Releases Info Dean Roddey 131 6,290 11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey