Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread
No 5.2 drop today. I forgot that I needed to go back and give the uninstaller some attention and make sure it was still happy these days. It's something I tend to forget about (because who would ever uninstall CQC, right?)
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
If anyone wants to go ahead and update to 5.2, I've posted it non-officially. Let me know if you see any issues. There shouldn't be any major ones, and we'd only put off going with the release if it was something that couldn't be worked around. But of course let us know about anything you see so that we can get that taken care of in 5.2.1.

The installer is in the usual place:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._5_2_0.exe

Of course you need to be covered under maintenance (or prepared to catch up) since this will put you back into trial mode.

This has a small set of trailing fixes:

• In the variables driver client interface, when you edit fields, if you have no fields yet, and you select a new type in the drop down, it causes an error because it's trying to update the type of the current field, but there is none.
  • Add the Monoprice Blackbird driver to the build, since it's probably fine at this point. If not, we can tweak more, but go ahead and get it into 5.2.
  • The documentation on driver field limits doesn't give an example of each. And, in the variables driver docs, add a link to the page that documents fields.
  • In the driver fields doc page, give an example of each limit type.
  • In the variables driver client interface when you hit the edit button to edit the fields, the initially selected field's setup isn't getting loaded into the other controls, they only update when you change the selection.
  • Get the old security certificate documentation ported forward to the new HTML stuff. That never got done for some reason.
  • More tweaks to the template scaling stuff, for those widgets that are configured with an image scope and selects one from within that scope (logo image, mapped image, etc...)
  • Add a check in CQCNetTest for whether it is being run within the CQC Command Prompt or just a regular one, and display an error if not running in the CQC prompt. Currently it just exits.
  • Add docs for CQCNetTest to the HTML documentation, in the /Tools section.
  • Get a doc page done for the Monoprice Blackbird driver.
Dean Roddey
Dean

I was working on a page today and came across a few things that I think could be added

SetWidgetColour - cant set border color - all other colours can be set

TimedVarChange - like the timed field change, have a timed variable change (in seconds)

Widget Border - able to set true or false from command
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I'll put those on the list. The first and third I think should be not much work. The timed variable change considerably more so.
Dean Roddey
I started spinning myself back up on the new Z-Wave driver today, and moving forward again with some light changes. No complaints yet on 5.2, so I'll probably post that officially tomorrow, and start climbing the next mountain.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 30 1,111 3 hours ago
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 34 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,061 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 47,655 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 5,499 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 129,089 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 6,845 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,243 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 6,991 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 32,074 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM