Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread
I banged out a lot of refinements on the WebRIVA client today. Everything that had (as of yet) been bugging or eluding me I hunted down and took care of. I also got started on the mechanisms for a menu, of which we'll need some basic sort of. I should be able to get that done tomorrow. At that point, it may be ready for a first public access.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Well, I finally got motivated to get my cell phone set up, so I looked up the Boost Mobile place and went there, almost dying of heat stroke in the process, and it wasn't even there anymore. Oh well, maybe it's a sign...
Dean Roddey
Its a sign that CQC needs to better support mobile before it's too late.

I still miss old iOS RIVA app. RDP is working but I still don't have gestures working like we talked about.

Is there a possibility I could get gestures back now?
Have you been following the WebRIVA thread over in the support area? I've been working like crazy to provide a new RIVA client and it's basically done now. It works really well, better than the old ones in some ways.
Dean Roddey
Dean, I would like to ask you one more time to look into supporting the new web camera widget in the first release of the WebRIVA. Viewing security cameras, baby monitors and front door cameras has always been a hole with CQC and the current ios and android RIVA apps. You've added the Web Cam widget to the Windows IV and that was a major addition. It would really be best if it could be added to the new Web RIVA viewer. So please look into it before you do the first beta with the Web RIVA. Thanks.
I want to get a workable beta version out there as soon as possible, so we can start finding any holes in the core stuff. Portability isn't necessarily so portable in browsers so we need to find out what platforms/browsers we can support and what will be an issue and work around those we can work around and so forth. It's not going to hurt anything to get that out there quickly and then go back to working on more stuff.
Dean Roddey
Doing some reading, it seems pretty clear that there is no portable solution for streaming web cameras to a browser. The HTML5 video element doesn't support any streaming protocols other than where some particular browser just happens to implement it, and that's apparently not at all common.

WebRTC exists but it's really for accessing the local web camera and mic in the same computer, to support video chat type applications, not for accepting external streams. In theory it might be doable with some sort of external RTSP to WebRTC conversion server, but I've found no comprehensible explanations of how to do it yet. If it's doable, this looks to be the only possible portable scenario. There are some converting servers out there that convert RTSP to WebRTC, and WebRTC is the only thing that doesn't require platform specific plugins and such, as best I can tell.

It's interesting the RTSP is apparently the far and away most common web camera protocol, but no browser wants to implement it. So it always involves some sort of external program like VLC, or plugin that the manufacturer's code uses to display the stream.
Dean Roddey
(07-21-2017, 01:21 AM)NightLight Wrote: Is there a possibility I could get gestures back now?

There's no way I want to try to do the gestures on the browser side. And, even if I did, it would be only useful in that one client, not generally so.

So, instead, I've added a 'manual flick' mode option for the overlay. If you set that, then it will only accept flicks and it won't process them itself. Instead it'll post an OnFlick event which you can react to yourself and do whatever you want. The direction of the flick will be one of the runtime values. That should allow you to implement the same thing in a way that will work the same on the regular IV or WebRIVA. 

I've just finished making the changes, which I really didn't want to do this late in the game for 5.2, but they were not particularly dangerous and that will just take care of this issue generally.
Dean Roddey
I also went ahead and implemented the previously requested capability of being able to just double click a widget to invoke the action editor (if that widget is a command source of course.) You can still do it via the attribute editor, but editing actions is very common and this is an easy way to quickly access them.
Dean Roddey
Yes on all of that! Including double clicking widgets for action editor Smile

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 1 258 Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 26,705 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 3,112 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 82,719 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 5,497 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 757 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 5,796 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 23,941 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM
  CQC hangs (latest beta) Bugman 7 1,623 11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  4.6 Official Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 514 28,876 11-04-2014, 03:57 PM