Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread
Hmmm... OK. maybe I don't even need his stuff to reproduce it. I'll try it.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(05-20-2017, 04:11 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Hmmm... OK. maybe I don't even need his stuff to reproduce it. I'll try it.

ok don't know how to get into the state(my gut feeling is it is some kind of uptime issue).

This is how I can get the Zwave client interface to come up after I get stuck  with the "GUI thread" issue.
    Note: if you just kill the CQCadmin and bring up again you will continue to get the error.
  • Right click on zwave device and bring up client interface.
  • Should be stuck at "Unhandled system exception in GUI Thread"
  • click ok. (if you cannot get back to menu kill cqcAdmin task)
  • do a right click and reconfig zwave driver. take all defaults.(driver will go offline then online)
  • taskmanager kill cqcAdmin interface
  • Bring up CQC admin and right click to bring up Client Interface (should pause for  a few seconds and then fill in).
Batwater hope this helps.
OK, maybe it is the same issue, just that it manifests itself differently now.
Dean Roddey
OK, it starts to make sense. As previously discussed, the driver config has to be updated with the latest manifest info. Pre-5.x, the driver configuration that you would always get came from CQCServer, i.e. from the actual running driver. CQCServer does this update of the driver config every time you load or reconfigure one, in case a new manifest has been imported. So the Admin Intf always got updated driver config.

But that's no longer the case. We now store driver config on the MS, and so the AI gets it from there instead from the running driver. The running driver would still have the right info, but it may not currently be running. You used to only be able to get that driver config if the driver was running. Since we store the info on the MS now, you can load that client interface even if the driver isn't currently able to load. But the AI now has to update that info itself in any place that's required. Currently it would only be when loading a client side driver.
Dean Roddey
I don't want to scare anyone but Hell has frozen over. I'm sending this from my new phone. So that guy in the outback won. He's the last one left.
Dean Roddey
good lord, i go away for a couple of months and 5.0 is old, 5.1 is out, 5.2 is upcoming, and Dean got a new phone.

im going to be so behind ...
do the needful ...
Hue | Nest | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G
It's not yet a real phone, mind you. I figure I'll work up to that by walking around in various places and pretending like I'm talking or texting and whatnot. Sort of a training period. I'll start working on my reaction times by trying to be the first person to get mine out whenever I find myself in the company of other people. Once I'm trained up, I'll actually activate it as a phone.

For 99% of its usage, it's purpose is to be a physical testing option for upcoming non-Windows client development. But at least I can take it with me when I go somewhere (aka to the grocery store) in case the car breaks down. And I use Vonage here, so if the power is out I'll have an emergency backup.
Dean Roddey
(Yesterday, 09:45 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: ...I'll start working on my reaction times by trying to be the first person to get mine out whenever I find myself in the company of other people...
This will be key - you have to be smooth enough to make it not too awkward, but noticeable enough to let the other people know you don't really care about what they have to say.  There is an art to it.  Smile
do the needful ...
Hue | Nest | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 55 05-17-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 16,442 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 2,113 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 64,051 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 4,862 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 617 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 5,195 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 20,630 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM
  CQC hangs (latest beta) Bugman 7 1,349 11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  4.6 Official Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 514 25,111 11-04-2014, 03:57 PM