Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread
I guess worst case I'll take what I've done and put the VRC0P back under it. It'll still have a lot of advantages of the existing VRC0P driver.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Oh well, looks like I'll be going back to the VRC0P under the new driver architecture. I'll start on that.
Dean Roddey
What's proving the blocker? Won't they supply the necessary documentation?

A USB solution is so much more elegant as a solution, especially for those of us not in the US ;-)

If this is a dead end, then I'm going to have to look at importing a VRC0P, and hoping it works ok on a 240v to 115v converter, which was the approach I decided against last year.
It's the cost, both of the SDK and then the certification process. They won't sell you the SDK if you don't agree to go through with the certification process, despite the fact that it's sort of meaningless in our case, not to mention costly given the nature of our product and how long it would take them to even learn how to test it.
Dean Roddey
ah, ok - with the certification requirement, that does complicate matters. Although I guess I understand why they want to control what interacts with the network of devices.

Had it just been the purchase of the SDK, I'm sure enough people would have been willing to pool together, and contribute to the costs. I certainly would have.
I gave it one more old college try, but still not luck. I'll move on to the VRC0P. Sigh...
Dean Roddey
I'm assuming the OpenZWave libraries don't give any clues?
Nothing. That's what's weird. Of the examples available, they don't seem to do anything at all. I guess I should try to actually build it and see if it can actually control the lock. One difference though is that it runs as a master controller, though why that would matter in this particular instance I couldn't imagine.
Dean Roddey
I got a good ways into converting over to the VRC0P today. I probably can get it finished tomorrow. A lot of stuff just gets yanked because it's no longer possible or valid. I think that the biggest suckage involved is that the VRC0P never provided the information on whether a device is a listening device or not. So that makes it pretty much a non-starter to try to do all of that auto-detection of modules that I had worked out, because trying to talk to each module that isn't awake will cause a long time out. So it'll have to be human selection of the correct type as before really. I can't believe that failed to provide for that incredibly obvious thing.
Dean Roddey
So I just couldn't leave it alone and did some more searching and found some discussion finally, and that discussion backs up what I saw in OZW, which is that there should be no need for me to do anything. If the controller supports beaming (and this is an aeon Z-Stick 5, which clearly does) and the target device requires it (which the Z-Stick knows based on info it got during replication and which I get from it so I know it's right), then it should do the beaming stuff on its own.

So I'm at a loss here as to what is going on, why Vizia can talk to it but I can't, not even with non-secure msgs. I'm going to back to this one more time. I'm going to disable the secure joining stuff so that I join non-secure and see if I can send non-secure messages to it that way. It may be that it only accepts secure msgs if the other node is secure. If that works, then despite my encrypted stuff obviously working fine with Vizia maybe it's not happy with the lock and I can look in that direction. If it still won't work, then I dunno.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 103 6,029 11-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 432 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,760 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 58,337 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 6,871 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 158,069 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 7,617 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,604 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 7,720 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 35,909 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM