Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do to graphing with Grafana
(04-22-2017, 01:35 PM)potts.mike Wrote: Is grafan all self contained? I spun up a docker and it's asking me to create a user, I assume that's a local thing.

Yes, it is self-contained.
(04-22-2017, 01:33 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Are you sure it's always actually returning something? Maybe it doesn't always send back a reply. Or is this still only happening when you use the domain name instead of the IP address?

No, I'm not sure.  According to the documentation, it should return a 204 every time.  And this is happening even with an IP address.  I might try executing a bunch of interactive curl commands from a linux box and see what I get for results.
It may be returning something malformed or something, and therefore getting ignored, but that should cause an error not just silently dropped.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I've been playing around with this and am getting the error "HTTPClientErrors.PostError" I am not sure if this is becasue I missed something in the macro or if influxdb is not set up correctly, thoughts?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
That's the same error I'm getting on occasion.  Is the "Aux Text" value "HTTP client request failed. Timed out waiting for message"?  If so, then - at least in my case - the values are still getting written to InfluxDB.  I haven't yet had time to do further testing and research to determine the cause of this error.

To test this, you can create a graph in Grafana, and see if any datapoints exist.
I have the macro in a scheduled event and when I go to test it I get the error, Thrown from line 52. I'll try making a graph later when I have a little more time.
To circle back on this, the values are being written to the DB.
Thanks for the update. That's good to hear, although I do wonder why both of us are seeing that error.