Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Config Interface need
Dean - This may seem like a less important one, but currently, when using the system configurator to build a set of scenes, you can easily loose track of which room you are actually editing.  I only have two rooms configured in my test setup, but when you click any field that requires an action like typing, the highlight leaves the room you are in.  There is no on screen indication that you are actually editing the setup for the "Kitchen" as example.  It is easy to get on the wrong room and create a mess.  See below

.jpg   SysConfig.JPG (Size: 85 KB / Downloads: 8)
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
The room list on the left should always show which room is selected. I'm not sure now you could have gotten into that stuff without the room being selected. Maybe you just added those rooms and it's just an issue of getting one initially selected?

If you did just add them, save, close the tab and then come back in. Does it then maintain the selection of the room?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(04-10-2017, 05:43 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The room list on the left should always show which room is selected. I'm not sure now you could have gotten into that stuff without the room being selected. Maybe you just added those rooms and it's just an issue of getting one initially selected?

If you did just add them, save, close the tab and then come back in. Does it then maintain the selection of the room?

Good call - I restarted the Admin and it worked.  ALl I did was re-generate the interface.  Of course now I can not reproduce the issue.  Ok, moving on.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
So I must be failing to initially select one if you add rooms from an empty list. I'll look at that.
Dean Roddey
I have tried various things but have never been able to get the room list such that the one you are currently editing isn't selected. So I'm not sure how you managed to do that. It wasn't what I suspected, which is not getting one selected when you first add some. It always selects the new one when one is loaded.
Dean Roddey
(04-11-2017, 06:44 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I have tried various things but have never been able to get the room list such that the one you are currently editing isn't selected. So I'm not sure how you managed to do that. It wasn't what I suspected, which is not getting one selected when you first add some. It always selects the new one when one is loaded.

I will see if I can go back and exactly replicate the sequence.   
I changed the name of my weather driver to fix irrigation and then had to refresh the interface to get weather working in the GUI.  In the same session, I then went to rooms and adjusted a few items and that is where the problem was discovered.   Once I restarted the AI, I could not reproduce.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New room config based HTML client Dean Roddey 71 8,414 03-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: lleo
  New Help System Dean Roddey 8 1,785 06-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  Auto-Generated Interface questions DaveB 40 3,827 08-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Bringing system up to date? RobWalker 16 2,299 06-11-2014, 03:27 AM
Last Post: RobWalker
  Error when trying to use Room Config - Auto Gen jokermac 4 1,491 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  cqc 3.3.9 problem loading interface pilotguy7ca 3 1,116 08-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Last Post: pilotguy7ca
  Waiting For CQC - Interface Viewer Squintz 2 1,356 10-21-2008, 05:37 PM
  USB-UIRT Quirk in Admin Interface Squintz 3 1,472 03-10-2008, 03:16 PM