Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTTP-based Trigger Driver Docs
Where are the docs for the driver?

The driver doc page is so frustrating with it being set in categories - can we have a list of drivers in alphabetical order.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Actually that one is not really documented per se. I spent a lot of today working on those docs. Basically it falls into the IR/RF family of drivers, all of which use the same client side interface. So it's the same driver that the UIRT, GC-100 and so forth use. So choose any of those for the basics, though the HTTP driver specifically isn't currently discussed much in there. I was working on improving that today for the conversion to HTML. And of course it'll be vastly easier to have a couple of different views of the drivers in the new stuff since it's generated from XML, so the lists can be output programmatically instead of me struggling to make sure to keep various views of them in sync.

But, basically check the generic IR/RF driver for the bulk of it. The only thing specifically about the HTTP driver is that the parameterization is done via query parameters. So you can have a base url http://myserver/PowerOn, and you can call that with various query parameters, http://myserver/PowerOn?Tar=TV or http://myserver/PowerOn?Tar=Rec.

The names of the parameters don't really matter. They will be converted to just a space separated list of values, which are passed to your action as the 2nd action parameter. The first is the name of the trained action that was invoked. The order of the parameters will be the order they were in on the URL.

For trailing, just use a browser to invoke the URL a number of times in a row until the driver is happy. Sometimes it takes more than a few, because some browsers send queries other than what you enter, such as default icon queries and such, the first time you hit a new site or the first time in a while. The driver needs to see the same trigger input a few times in a row to be sure it's got the right thing.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I also fixed a number of issues in the blaster tab side of the IR client driver interface as well while doing this, stuff that was left over from the 5.x GUI conversion that was never caught.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean

It was the parameterization that I needed information on.  The rest of it is simple generic stuff just the usage of parameters.

So if we have Tar=Rec does that mean its a local variable named Tar with a set value of Rec
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
No, the names have on meaning. You can just call them 1=X&2=Y or whatever. They will changed to a space separated list of values (e.g. "X Y" in this example) and you will receive this as the 2nd action parameter. The first action parameter will be the name of the action invoked. So you need to know what order they are in and pull them out (you can use the GetNthToken command get to them out easily enough act the action level.)
Dean Roddey
I have it generating a by make index now, so a two level list with the top level be makes and the inner lists being models, so that's a good start.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing to an external file from trigger event Ira 21 1,109 11-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Zwave via http put kfly 6 400 11-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Simple field change trigger action Bugman 15 635 10-23-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Logitech Media Server/squeezebox driver freezes Admin interface lleo 7 321 10-21-2017, 11:11 AM
  Preview of new Web based RIVA client Dean Roddey 424 26,848 10-18-2017, 07:37 AM
  music & movie driver experiences and or suggestions zane 2 349 10-18-2017, 06:48 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Really simple CML driver questions znelbok 327 45,866 10-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Kramer Protocol 2000 driver and VS-1616v Help Please! NightLight 6 402 09-12-2017, 05:08 PM
  Next V2 driver problem kjaerligkatt 9 462 09-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  Additional HTTP REST commands requested greymatter 3 376 08-25-2017, 09:17 AM