Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setup Jarvis
02/18 01:34:42-Blaze, CQCJarvis, Blaze_Thread
{
   CIDKinect, CIDKinect_Kinect.cpp.1166, Failed/Initialization
   Language acoustic model could not be loaded. Error=8004503A

This is what I'm getting in the logs. I am running the X86 version and have both of the other speech bits.

[Image: YSOHGiw.png]
Oh, OK, it looks like there's one bit I missed. Apparently the Kinect has its own language recognition files as well. At least I have them loaded and that's the only thing different I see from what you have. So go here for the Kinect Language Pack.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=43662

Select the EN-US one and install that. Then restart Jarvis and see if that is the difference. If so, I'll add that to the list of prerequisites.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I wonder if the other reco file is even needed anymore? It may be used for recognition not involving the Kinect I guess, and it doesn't hurt to have it installed so probably best to do it. It also turned out that I had the Kinect Language pack from Speech Platform 11, not for Kinect SDK2. I removed it and installed the SDK 2 one and it still works fine. That SDK2 version is what is linked to above.

It's a bit of a mess how this stuff works, and I hope they streamline it more moving forward. Ultimately it involves a bit of SAPI 5.4, a bit of Speech Platform 11, and a bit of Kinect 2.0, and it's not obvious which bits of which are involved.
Dean Roddey
It's alive!

Once that was installed it fired up and I turned my light on then off in the Office.

[Image: MmJAb8j.png]

Odd though that on startup it lost connection then established it.
That's a bogus indication. It's just reporting what the Kinect reports, and the first thing it reports is that it doesn't have a connection, and then it reports it does. I should probably find a way to filter that out.
Dean Roddey
(02-18-2017, 12:22 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That's a bogus indication. It's just reporting what the Kinect reports, and the first thing it reports is that it doesn't have a connection, and then it reports it does. I should probably find a way to filter that out.

Just change the text to "Looking for Kinect" then the message becomes benign to the user but still relevant.
Yeh, I could do that I guess.
Dean Roddey
I guess it makes sense that I post in here given it's a similar/same topic?

I think I got the Pre-Req's all installed.  The Jarvis program is stuck at checking Licence information.  I have a Master Server and Jarvis running on a Surface3 acting as a client for now.

Do I need an update licence file or any ideas what to check?  Don't think I have any nags or anything about needing a new key.
Yeh, you need to get a new license that includes it, since it's a new feature. Send me an e-mail.
Dean Roddey
Just to save Dean a back and forth in case anyone else runs into this.  In the 5.x interface in the Admin tree.  Under System there is a License Info tab.  You'll need to send that Key to Dean and get a new key file.  I was thrown off because I was not getting the old nag screen that you have 5 days left to register after upgrading to 5.0.902

I am now up and running with a Kinect!  Pretty cool so far, need to play a lot more and get some V2 stuff added.  So far I just have lights...