Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setup Jarvis
Do I need to have Jarvis installed on both the MasterServer and the client machine hosting the Kinect?

My Kinect is attached and lit up but Jarvis does not respond. Voice is active and everything is set as per documentation.  I feel like I'm close. 

[Image: RD78np3.png]
Just on the machine where the Kinect is attached. It looks like you aren't getting connected to the Kinect successfully. You should see a message that connection to the Kinect has been successful and the light on the front of the Kinect should light up. Everything else seems to be working correctly.

Did you install the Kinect runtime support on that machine where the Kinect is loaded? If the Kinect support is loaded correctly, then it should show up in Computer Management -> Device Manager -> Kinect Sensor Devices. It should also show up in the Control Panel -> Speech Recognition stuff as an available microphone. It'll be called "Microphone Array (Xbox NUI Sensor.) If you select Advanced Speech options on the left, and then down on the bottom of that page, all of the Microphone setup stuff should be showing it as the available microphone.

If you make any changes there, stop and reload Jarvis, to make sure it picks up those changes.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Run-time installed. Everything shows up in device manager. Also shows up as  "Microphone Array (Xbox NUI Sensor). I can see input on the Sound window.

[Image: g26kmBT.png]

The lights on the Kinect come on with the launching of Jarvis but this is the status window. 

[Image: 6Ng0ZZp.png]
All the voice recognition stuff works in windows. Just no Jarvis.
Is something else using the Kinect? If so, that could keep Jarvis from seeing it. If you stop Jarvis, does the Kinect's light stay on? If so, something else is using it. Presumably you don't want to enable recognition in the control panel. So in the Advanced Speech Options dialog, disable the stuff in User Settings, since that's not what Jarvis uses. It talks directly to the Kinect.
Dean Roddey
The lights on the Kinect go off when I close Jarvis. Everything with MS Speech Recognition seems to work so I think the Kinect and the OS is happy. Disabled everything in user settings of the Advanced Speech Options dialog. no luck..

I also tried the X86 version of the SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi but that didn't change anything.

Still says "Connection to Kinect has been lost" Same as above.
You do need the x86 version, since CQC is 32 bit. Restart to make sure it gets picked up. Anything showing up in the logs related to the Kinect?
Dean Roddey
Did you get a chance to check the logs? If nothing, I can add some more logging for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Last few days have been unruly with work.. I'll get a chance to mess with it this evening or tomorrow at the latest.
I'm starting to suspect it's something about the room config, and the translation of that into stuff that gets inserted into the speech recognition grammar. That causes the grammar to fail to load, and so it can't get the Kinect up and running correctly.
Dean Roddey