Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SageTV Driver
There are drivers for the SageTV. Anyone know what is the latest/best to use with the HD300?

The ones I've tried all stop at waiting for Initialization.
Thanks
George M
check for a thread I posted about 2 weeks ago.  I had same issue.  I think someone attached the driver to the thread.   If not shoot me a PM and can attach it tomorrow when I am home.
Rich
(01-29-2017, 06:29 PM)personalt Wrote: check for a thread I posted about 2 weeks ago.  I had same issue.  I think someone attached the driver to the thread.   If not shoot me a PM and can attach it tomorrow when I am home.

Got it. thanks. I'll try it out today
Thanks
George M
Saw a Google+ post in the SageTV community today indicating that SageTV Content Guide will be discontinued as of 7/1/2017. Someone is working on an upgrade video to take existing users to the open source version which will allow for changing of the Content Guide to a different service provider.
You will need to upgrade to the 9.0 version before the cut off. It has, built in, support for a different guide feed. It is a paid service, but only runs a couple dollars a month. I upgraded a couple of weeks ago without much fuss. I think I had to reboot twice to set everything to settle. I haven't tried to move to the new guide service yet however.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Brian,
Did you use the Windows installer?

I just did and it was very easy. Had to run through the setup again, but I thing that was because I did a clean install. Had a computer crash with my existing setup.
Thanks
George M
(01-31-2017, 07:18 AM)George M Wrote: Brian,
Did you use the Windows installer?

I just did and it was very easy. Had to run through the setup again, but I thing that was because I did a clean install. Had a computer crash with my existing setup.

I did.  I stopped the sage service, made a copy of the entire sage folder as a backup, and then ran the windows installer.  Although the installer say it, a reboot (or perhaps two) is required for the update to actually finalize.  But the installer worked fine.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
just a fwiw, for those brave adventurous souls out there, the Linux Sage is so much better...
  • for one, it is the one getting all the open source love.
  • runs 64bit java, so you can now dump loads of memory at the extenders.
  • for whatever reason, the extenders use a lot less memory connecting to a linux server so you really don't need to dump a lot of memory for them.. but hey, you can, so I did...
  • CQC driver works just fine, along with most (but not all) other drivers.
  • the Linux docker makes install a breeze (at least on unraid, YMMV on anything else)
and if you haven't been keeping up with things, and you have an android device, check out the mini-client...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
[quote pid='144915' dateline='1485834425']
It has, built in, support for a different guide feed.  It is a paid service, but only runs a couple dollars a month.
[/quote]
Different = Schedules Direct

couple dollars a month. = $2.08333333333333 (aka $25/year), so based on the standard convention of a "couple" = 2, this is in fact, more than a couple of dollars a month...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
I have a modified version of the SageTV driver, which I have been using for a few months. There was a discussion of V2 for SageTV last year, so I started looking into making a driver shortly after that.

The changes are to make it a V2 driver, and implement it as a Media Renderer.

These changes mean that a number of driver fields are changed to match the semantic fields of V2 drivers, implementing:
  • AUD#
  • MREND#
  • MTRANS#
  • PWR#
This mostly required rearranging existing fields and driver code, rather than implementing new functionality, but the field changes mean that templates, macros, etc. need some changes to work with the V2 driver.

I have tested it with MyMovies, JRiver (music), and iTunes (music) Media Repositories, using SageTV HDX-300 extenders. There are some small problems if you use both a Media Repository and direct control of the extender (ie. if you start a music playlist, and then use the extender's remote control to stop playback, it stops the current song and skips to the next song, rather than stopping the playlist), due to limitations of the SageTCP plugin.

I mostly do not use it as a Media Renderer, preferring to control the extenders directly using their on-screen interfaces and remote controls.

If there is interest, I can clean up my development code and post it to the forums.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vantage Controls Driver for Infusion System KenC 3 124 Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Another SMS Driver - SMS Global, one for everyone else znelbok 21 5,336 10-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Monoprice Blackbird 4x4 HDMI Switcher - Driver request batwater 9 4,155 10-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  XBMC Driver wuench 419 111,237 07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
  IMAP Email Driver whozeawhat 11 1,766 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Which JVC Projector Driver indygreg 29 5,226 05-12-2017, 08:29 AM
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 101 20,634 05-02-2017, 09:38 AM
  SageTV Player V2 Driver chmilar 6 1,422 04-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: chmilar
  ADA Suite 16 driver assistance zane 3 1,189 01-17-2017, 06:27 AM