Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relearning interface building
So i took some time today to try and learn how to build some new interfaces. I haven't done this for about 6 years. I watched your youtube videos for Final Navigation 1 and 2 and decided to duplicate what you had in the videos. I have the toolbar built and think I duplicated what you did, but when I press the first button, It loads the correct overlay and changes the text color to the correct marked color. However pressing any of the other buttons does load the correct overlay but does not change the current marked text for that button - the marked text always stays on the first button.

Here is the action for the buttons on the toolbar:

Main_Overlay::LoadOverlay
    P1=/User/Theater/Projector

Toolbar::MarkByIndex
    P1=%(StdRTV:SelectIndex)0
    P2=True

The Overlay name is changed in the commands for each button and the correct overlay does come up.

Can you point me to where my mistake is?
Thanks
George M
Is that a typo with the 0 at the end of the P1 parameter? If not, then that's going to turn it into something like 10 or 20, i.e. whatever the actual index is will get a zero after it.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Yep, that was it. Have no idea how that got there.

Thanks, work now. Sure is different that years ago.

If I have an overlay that has a toolbar on it. How can I set it so that the current setting of a driver is determined and the appropriate button is set "marked".

i.e.
And overlay named "Projector" has a toolbar with buttons UHD, HD THX, When that overlay is loaded how can I sync the active button with the current state of the projector?

Sorry is this a basic question.
Thanks
George M
You would need to, in the OnLoad of the projector template, get the current state and mark the appropriate button. Ultimately, for that sort of thing, a set of check boxes used as 'radio buttons' works better, because they will automatically track the state.

Set each one up to have a true image that lights it up and false image that dims it. Have each one set its boolean state by checking the value of the field to match the value that button represents. That way, the one that matches the current state lights up, and the others dim. And it will track as the state changes whether via CQC or externally on the device.
Dean Roddey
Does using the radio button preclude being able to use a tool bar? I was hoping to use a toolbar to save space.
Thanks
George M
There's nothing stopping you from putting them in a scrollable overlay in the same area that you'd have used a tool bar.
Dean Roddey
I needed a break from documentation today, so I created a new variation of the toolbar that lets you assign a global variable to it. That will be used to set the mark on the toolbar. So you create a variable like:

GlobalVars::CreateVar(GVar:MenuIndex, String, Enum: Audio, Video, Weather, Security)

You assign that to the toolbar. Just make sure that the enumerated limit values are in the same order as the buttons. Then you can, anywhere, just set the variable to one of the enumerated values and the toolbar will get the ordinal of the set value and use that to set the mark.

So this should allow you to do what you were wanting to do and use the toolbar.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interface Editor and Creating Interfaces bobskie708 1 210 08-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Interface editing slowness zra 3 576 05-22-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: zra
  Interface Builder and Russound Zones DaveB 7 890 04-29-2017, 04:37 PM
  Interface Builder Error DaveB 14 2,096 04-29-2017, 09:51 AM
  Auto Gen Interface Questions DaveB 8 1,389 04-07-2017, 06:26 AM
  Interface Development Questions DaveB 7 947 04-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  Error found in Admin Interface DaveB 3 641 04-02-2017, 10:35 AM
  Amazon email re Alexa interface? Ron Haley 5 736 03-14-2017, 02:40 PM
  Struggling with new Admin Interface George M 2 550 12-17-2016, 09:21 AM
Last Post: George M
  More drag and drop support in the Admin interface? dlmorgan999 6 973 12-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999