Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit Macro Parameters
I'm running verison 5.0.1. In the CML Driver IDE, when I select Debug -> Go, an Edit Macro Parameters dialog appears. How do you enter parameters into this dialog? I've entered parameters such as "one","two" but an error is generated saying that 4 parameters are needed but I've only provided one.

Also, how do you get a new user manifest to appear in the list when you try to create a new device? I placed my new manifest in the CQC\CQCData\DataServer\Manifests\User directory. I killed the CQCServer and it was restarted but the new driver does not appear.
There isn't a parameters dialog in the driver IDE. That only happens in the macro IDE (the one embedded in the Admin Client.) If that's the one you are running, then basically the macro wants four parameters and you need to provide them. What those are depends on what the macro expects to get as parameters. You'd have to look at the macro to see what it wants in its Start() method.

If you are trying to edit a driver in the Admin Client's CML IDE that won't work. You'll have to use the separate CML driver IDE. And it should not be presenting a parameters dialog.

On the manifest, you should create a driver pack from the driver IDE. Then import that. Once you've done that, your manifest will show up.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(01-01-2017, 04:46 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: There isn't a parameters dialog in the driver IDE. That only happens in the macro IDE (the one embedded in the Admin Client.) If that's the one you are running, then basically the macro wants four parameters and you need to provide them. What those are depends on what the macro expects to get as parameters. You'd have to look at the macro to see what it wants in its Start() method.

If you are trying to edit a driver in the Admin Client's CML IDE that won't work. You'll have to use the separate CML driver IDE. And it should not be presenting a parameters dialog.

On the manifest, you should create a driver pack from the driver IDE. Then import that. Once you've done that, your manifest will show up.

I'm using the CML Driver IDE. When I select Debug -> Go, an Edit Macro Parameters dialog appears. The Log Monitor included the following entry: A C++ exception propogated out of the macro engine. Please report this error to CQCSL.
What version are you on? Sounds like maybe you aren't on the latest version>
Dean Roddey
(01-01-2017, 03:02 PM)Jnetto Wrote: I'm running verison 5.0.1. In the CML Driver IDE, when I select Debug -> Go, an Edit Macro Parameters dialog appears. How do you enter parameters into this dialog? I've entered parameters such as "one","two" but an error is generated saying that 4 parameters are needed but I've only provided one.

Also, how do you get a new user manifest to appear in the list when you try to create a new device? I placed my new manifest in the CQC\CQCData\DataServer\Manifests\User directory. I killed the CQCServer and it was restarted but the new driver does not appear.

Parameters in the dialog are space delimited not comma delimited.   So "One" "Two" "Three" "Four" if you need to enter 4 parameters.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
But there shouldn't be any parameters on a driver, and that dialog shouldn't occur. I think that was a temporary bug, which wouldn't be there in the latest version. Oh, also failed to notice you already said what version you were on. I'd go ahead and upgrade to 5.0.7, which is the latest official version and has lots of small fixes and should get rid of this one.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using Drivers within CML Macro Jnetto 1 1,701 01-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Can a CML macro be called in PDL? zpollock 7 4,429 04-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Last Post: zpollock
  XML Parser Macro wuench 3 4,182 07-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Last Post: wuench