Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plex Setup
I have spent the afternoon trying to setup plex control on both my computer and LG TV Web OS app. The web os app says that it is connected but then throws an error  when I try to use the transport controls. The Windows app will not even connect even though it can be controlled from the web. I know that some of the clients dont implement the full remote control but I would have thought that the windows app would. I guess I am not really sure how to move forward and get this working.

Also, I have an apple TV coming. Does anyone have plex control working on that?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
(12-28-2016, 04:36 PM)potts.mike Wrote: I have spent the afternoon trying to setup plex control on both my computer and LG TV Web OS app. The web os app says that it is connected but then throws an error  when I try to use the transport controls. The Windows app will not even connect even though it can be controlled from the web. I know that some of the clients dont implement the full remote control but I would have thought that the windows app would. I guess I am not really sure how to move forward and get this working.

Also, I have an apple TV coming. Does anyone have plex control working on that?

I just use the web interface or the player's interface on the roku.   I have the web interface in a web widget, never really saw the need to use an app or even the cqc plex drivers.  I have run the android app as well on my phone for remote access with no issues.

I just downloaded and tried the windows app and it doesn't work for me either, seems to be junk.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Dean can you chime in with which software this works with? I wan to setup renderer's and repos that are compliant with the room config for testing with the html viewer and Jarvis.
How timely. Thats what I was trying out today also. I cannot get the driver to connect. Keeps saying waiting for configuration.
Thanks
George M
In terms of renderers... For a home theater scenario, the player on the Roku should be fine. Or, if you have an PC in the mix that you can view on the TV, then the Plex Home Theater program is probably the best one of all.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I've go the windows store app and the one downloaded from their website(for windows) and can't get them to connect. The driver is on the same machine.
When you installed the driver, did you point it at your Plex Server? Even the renderer drivers work through the server. Also you need to enable the control protocol on the server as well.
Dean Roddey
using plex media player downloaded from their website. Server IP is correct and client name appears to be correct.
When you say Plex Media Player, you mean their Home Theater program, right? If it's one of the ones designed for a mobile device, then it may not work because it may not support enough functionality. The driver is really intended for fixed position devices.

If it is the HT app, then hit this URL on the server:

http://[plexip:port]/clients

in a browser and paste the output here.
Dean Roddey
Oh, and is the program actually running? It would need to be before the driver can connect.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Voice setup IVB 4 84 06-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  IFTT and HTTP Trigger parameter passing setup Shaky 5 471 03-09-2018, 10:20 PM
  Echo setup: Backslash now slash in EchoCfg.TXT IVB 3 350 01-13-2018, 05:14 PM
  Plex Repository and Docker potts.mike 2 958 04-27-2017, 01:38 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Plex webhook integration? dlmorgan999 49 8,983 03-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Findinf Plex Movies Ron Haley 22 4,502 02-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: wuench
  gmail setup IVB 7 1,874 11-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Older system setup znelbok 5 1,880 11-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Plex repository (sometimes called server) Ron Haley 60 5,730 10-05-2016, 04:04 PM
  Plex Repo Ron Haley 5 2,259 09-01-2016, 06:34 AM
Last Post: potts.mike