Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New room config based HTML client
thanks Dean,
I certainly do not want to critique the current design of a beta product that is actively being developed.
From your post above is still not clear if this will only work with V2 drivers, but I believe you have stated that before it.

Any chance on a guide converting V1 drivers to V2?

As feedback on 5.0.8 and the HTML client: I made some changes to the room definitions and re-generated the interface. The changes are not picked up by the HTML client. Anything else need to be done to role out the changes?
BTW the changes are visible in the regular interface viewer.

a bit of cross platform testing:

Android tablet: Chrome browser = everything seems to work
Android tablet: Firefox browser = login screen loads, can login, can select room, selected room loads, taps do not work

Android phone: Firefox = black browser screen nothing else

Chromebook: Chrome = everything seems to work
Chromebook: Firefox = login screen loads, cannot login, message pop up the websocket is already connected [OK], returns to login screen

Windows 7: Internet Explorer 11 = get a grey rectangle in middle, on bottom in red connecting, nothing else
Windows 7: Chrome = get the CQC logo and on the bottom in red connecting, nothing else
Windows 7: Firefox = get the CQC logo, no text on bottom and nothing else

all devices on the same network, no encryption used on any of the devices
well, not consistent.

Windows 7 as virtual machine, Chrome browser: works all
Windows 7 on real hardware, same version Chrome as above, same extensions settings, just logo and text in red 'connecting'
Are you updating these browsers to the most recent versions and patches? I can't see how there'd be any different between a VM and the real hardware other than that the browsers are at different release levels. I'm trying to use as modern stuff as I can, and some of this stuff may only be implemented in the most recent releases. Given that we are starting now, I would hope to use modern, HTML5 oriented type features to the extent possible.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Yes, all my Chrome installs are Version 55.0.2883.75. The Firefox on Windows and Android are version 50 or older. The Internet Explorer is dated, about before M$ started the monthly roll-up fixes.

Any comments on how to refresh content? Do I have to cycle the webserver after generating a new set of interface.
I now resized the auto-generated set and put is under new folder.
This the old design is shown
The IV caches templates for up to a couple minutes. When you are testing, use the Tools menu in the IV to disable caching, so that it always goes back to the server to pick up changes. In the HTML client, you'd need to log out and back in again. Or use the room selector to re-select the room should probably do it.

As far as IE, I'm not sure that's even a consideration anymore. It's basically a dead product, right? Most or all of the new work will be towards the Chrome browser I would think. They may not bother keeping it up with the latest HTML5 standards stuff, I dunno. Have you tried Chrome? It works correctly for me.
Dean Roddey
well, i've just realized i can't use this yet as I've never played with the auto-gen system, i've been custom making templates.

Learning how to use this, setting it up, then will get to this. Leaving the house Mon 5am for my next flight, lets see what I can do before then.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
The Nest V2 driver is not showing up in my HTML templates.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
There's no HVAC support in the program yet. That's yet to be done. I'm assuming you are talking about the room config HTML client, right?
Dean Roddey
I stated working on converting the layout of this guy to something more like the previously provided example and much better at adjusting to layout. It'll probably take a two or three more days to get something done, then I'll put it up for you guys to try. It's working quite nicely now. It's columnar and adjusts the number of columns based on window width. It also adjusts text size and the logo size as well.
Dean Roddey
Whew... HTML/CSS can be SO tedious. But I've made a lot of progress on the look-n-feel changes. I'm working on the lighting page as the test case to work out the general issues (since the format for all pages will be built of the same basic building blocks now so once one is figured out the others should be a lot less work (in theory.)
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some basic docs on the WebRIVA client Dean Roddey 2 534 08-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  HTML5 client use case kfly 4 944 06-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: lleo
  System Config Interface need DaveB 5 1,113 04-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  client driver error after upgrade to 4.8.1 batwater 1 1,092 12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
  Error when trying to use Room Config - Auto Gen jokermac 4 1,650 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
  RIVA Server and Client DaveB 1 915 02-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Trouble Upgrading Client to v4.1.901 sic0048 7 1,610 03-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Installation gives me no Admin client. beelzerob 9 2,374 05-21-2008, 10:35 AM