Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New room config based HTML client
So lights are working, off/on and dimming and you see changes made at the switch/dimmer or in CQC elsewhere show up quickly and all that?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
On the formatting, is that landscape or portrait you are using it? If portrait, does it look better in landscape?
Dean Roddey
(12-20-2016, 01:38 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: So lights are working, off/on and dimming and you see changes made at the switch/dimmer or in CQC elsewhere show up quickly and all that?

Seems to be working as I would expect other than the Level indicator for dimmers

(12-20-2016, 02:33 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: On the formatting, is that landscape or portrait you are using it? If portrait, does it look better in landscape?

Doesn't quite work in either mode.

I take it that you can only be signed in once with each set of credentials?

Looks fine in safari on my mac.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
Can you get a screen shot of it so that I can see what is going on? What's the resolution of the phone? Are you running it full screen?
Dean Roddey
On the level indicators, can you bring up the browser's debugger (it's F12 on Windows, not sure what it is on a phone) and then log in and go to the light screen and see if it stops somewhere with an error? There may be some javascript'ism I'm using that's not supported there or something.
Dean Roddey
I sent screen shots to your support email. I'll have to do the debugging tomorrow.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
OK, I didn't realize that there were still phones out there with 640 pixel resolution. I guess that comes of being the last human on the planet to not have one. You should though be seeing the bottom footer, at least in the portrait mode. I'm guessing maybe that that bar at the bottom is actually covering some of the screen and that it's down there? Is there a 'full screen but only the available parts of it' mode you can run it in? I can't know about such things, so we need a way to make it take up just the available space when there's enough.

But the thing is it has no 'aspect ratio'. It uses whatever is available. So, definitely it should size to fit the available screen, clipping content if there's not enough. That's clearly not what is happening in your screen shots, or at least it doesn't look like it. It looks more like it's scaling it in some way, or 'full screen' includes what is under the top and bottom bars.

Can you select the lights section and show me what that looks like?

Anyhoo, obviously we'll have to be able to do a small/large image option and let you select one via URL option or something. Or figure it out based on resolution.
Dean Roddey
(12-20-2016, 09:00 AM)jkmonroe Wrote: So I upgraded to test out the new HTML client.  I went through the SystemCfg to configure the room-based thing, but get errors:

Security - could not query the security areas list (my Elk, driver is connected, seems to register a door open/close no issues)
Weather - no drivers of the required type were found (weather driver is connected and working)
I just tested with the Elk and it's fine. Do you actually have any areas defined in the Elk? If not, that would explain the error. You have to have at least one area defined to use the security stuff.
Dean Roddey
(12-21-2016, 11:37 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 09:00 AM)jkmonroe Wrote: So I upgraded to test out the new HTML client.  I went through the SystemCfg to configure the room-based thing, but get errors:

Security - could not query the security areas list (my Elk, driver is connected, seems to register a door open/close no issues)
Weather - no drivers of the required type were found (weather driver is connected and working)
I just tested with the Elk and it's fine. Do you actually have any areas defined in the Elk? If not, that would explain the error. You have to have at least one area defined to use the security stuff.

Yeah, I finally got the Elk working with the room config.  I have a couple weeks starting Friday so I am going to be hitting this pretty hard.  Hopefully the HTML client will do big things (once I get it licensed).
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Caseta / Netatmo / Brultech in testing
Anyone else get a chance to actually try this guy? I'd like to get a little breadth of experience before taking another whack at it. Definitely I should take on issues related to adjusting to different systems before piling on more code.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some basic docs on the WebRIVA client Dean Roddey 2 556 08-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  HTML5 client use case kfly 4 981 06-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: lleo
  System Config Interface need DaveB 5 1,141 04-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  client driver error after upgrade to 4.8.1 batwater 1 1,095 12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
  Error when trying to use Room Config - Auto Gen jokermac 4 1,658 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
  RIVA Server and Client DaveB 1 931 02-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Trouble Upgrading Client to v4.1.901 sic0048 7 1,629 03-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Installation gives me no Admin client. beelzerob 9 2,401 05-21-2008, 10:35 AM