Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread
Yep, all of those are things that would be nice to do, and just weren't doable in time for 5.x. They'll be gotten to as time allows.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Another very gratifying day on Project X. I got a test program going that I'm using to start testing out the most important of the plumbing capabilities that will underlie it. By tomorrow I think I'll be able to move on to the actual new CQC level feature and start bringing it together for the real thing.
Dean Roddey
I got started on Project X proper today, just roughing in the new program. This will be a new optional server, so all of the usual grunt work for supporting a new server has to be done (installer image, installer, app shell service, customer service database, etc...) But, for the moment I just need to get it far enough to do development and testing. The rest will wait till it's time for initial deployment.
Dean Roddey
Have you given any hint as to what Project X does or the value it brings your customers? For all we know, you're sitting on the couch knitting a sweater and calling it "My Precious Project X". Big Grin
Not yet. I'm holding out till it's ready to at least demo. It's definitely not a sweater. It's actually something that's not just yet another check box item that we want to do because other products do that. It's something that I think will put us out at the forefront in an important area.
Dean Roddey
Let the speculation begin...

CQC on a Raspberry PI 3 perhaps?  Cool (I just bought 2 for other projects so have them on my mind right now...)
two small requests.  could you put the doubleclick option back when you are developing an interface and have it open the action editor?  i find it MUCH slower to highlight the control, find the little property field with the three dots then click on that twice in order to highlight it them open the action editor.  also, could you have a property not change back to it's original value if you modify it then click on another property rather than remembering to hit enter?

as long as i am at it, it seems to me that the logs dont remember the sort order you set. i prefer newest on top and have to reset it after every refresh.

greg
The double click to open an editor dialog thing won't be coming back. That was a huge amount of code that was removed in order to make way for the other huge amount of code that represents the attribute editor.

You can tab off of the value as well as hit enter. Later I can look at the clicking off it thing.

On the logs, you mean the log monitor program, right?
Dean Roddey
bummer about the double click thing. seems to take forever to write code now with all the extra clicking. i guess i iterate a lot. yeah i meant the "explore logs" within the admin interface. is there someplace else to look at logs?

i also notice that it sometimes takes several minutes of refreshing the iv before a template i have saved shows up. maybe that is part of the caching thing you mentioned?

greg

so i drop a numeric field text onto a template, set a value field to a float, format style to custom, dec digits to 1, field width to 5, click on a different widget then back onto the numeric field text and both dec digits and field width are set to 1. this seems like maybe a bug?

greg
In the IV, when you are testing, use the Tools menu and disable caching on that IV. That will prevent the delay when you are just testing and want to see changes immediately.

On the other thing, I'll look at that.

BTW, for any of the attribute editor items that have a down arrow, use that. It gives you a drop down so that you can immediately change it.

Also, learn the hot keys. Left/right arrows move attributes with small numbers of values up and down through the value range. There are various tricks. There's a spot topic video on the attribute editor that you should watch if you haven't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Q1MQMpuwk
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 40,054 Today, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,103 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 149,794 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,786 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,052 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,735 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,364 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 486,364 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,244 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 3,549 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter