Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread
I couldn't take any more HTML client tonight so I put in a couple hours on Project X. Some good progress was made on that as well. Still purely in the plumbing rough-in stage yet.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
OK, well I destroyed brain cells with casual disregard today. I dug in really deep and learned a lot on the HTML/Typescript front. I created a custom slider to use for light levels (and next for the H/S parts of colors though haven't done that yet.)

That was a learning experience creating a custom visual widget wrapped in a Typescript class. The browser environment is pretty woeful so tricks have to be played but I've triumphed so far.

I have the program running on Chrome and Edge browsers side by side and they are both working. There's one small difference I need to look at, which is that the room selection element in the footer isn't showing the currently selected room on Edge.

I'm not going to stress about that for the moment. I think I'll get a drop up for folks to start playing around with it.
Dean Roddey
I got the image builder and installer updated to handle the new stuff. But I just realized that I'd not tested with anything less than a fairly full set of room configuration. There's guaranteed to be issues if there are no lights defined, no rooms defined, etc... So I need to work through those before I put up a new drop. Oh well, I was hoping to get something up tonight. I'll be working on the new web site transfer tomorrow, though once I have it done I'll come back to this.
Dean Roddey
I previously posted about 5.0.8 here, but Mark pointed out correctly that it's not a beta. It's just a 5.0 followup release since none of the changes are of the sort that would warrant beta status. The new HTML client stuff is way off to the side and is no risk to system stability. So, I moved 5.0.8 over to the followup releases thread. It will be advantageous to keep a single code base as long as it's possible, particularly given that a large release like 5.0 will likely still have various small things that need to be fixed. I imagine that the HTML client stuff isn't going to be an issue for some time, if at all, so I'll stay non-beta for a while yet.
Dean Roddey
I made some good progress on Project X plumbing today, a fairly significant conceptual breakthrough as to how a part of it should be designed. I was making it harder than it really needed to be, which is not unusual for me. I also need to get back to making videos for 5.x, which I sort of forgot during the push for the new server.
Dean Roddey
I think I've basically got the guts of one leg of Project X in place. Still needs a bit more fleshing out, but basically there. Time to start on the other leg, then bring them together further down the line.
Dean Roddey
When will project x be revealed?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
When the wind is in the west and a feeling of hope flows down unto you in the sunlight... It's a whole new area for me to explore and work out, so it's hard to say. I need to get further into it to get a feel for where I stand. This first bit I've gotten done is fairly general purpose. It could have applications in various other ways within CQC, to great advantage. The next bit is the plumbing for the feature specific bits. It may not turn out to be terribly difficult, we'll see. It doesn't look like it will be.

Then the two parts have to come together and that part won't be technically difficult to do, but to really make it be all that it can be will require some work. I don't have to get it that far before giving a preview of course. And it's one of those things that, based on usage feedback from you guys, it can be extended in various ways to make it more useful. All of the above plumbing work is to help make it practically extensible in those sorts of ways.
Dean Roddey
(12-19-2016, 08:19 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I previously posted about 5.0.8 here, but Mark pointed out correctly that it's not a beta. It's just a 5.0 followup release since none of the changes are of the sort that would warrant beta status. The new HTML client stuff is way off to the side and is no risk to system stability. So, I moved 5.0.8 over to the followup releases thread. It will be advantageous to keep a single code base as long as it's possible, particularly given that a large release like 5.0 will likely still have various small things that need to be fixed. I imagine that the HTML client stuff isn't going to be an issue for some time, if at all, so I'll stay non-beta for a while yet.

Sorry, but where is the link to the 5.0.8 release, I am having trouble finding it....
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
It's in the followup releases thread. But, as always, you can find them at:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._M_m_r.exe

Where M is the major version, m is the minor version, and r is the revision version. If it's a beta version, add Beta after Installers, and this one is in the Betas section, not because it's a beta per se, but it's not an official release and I want to keep the official releases directory clean of anything but official releases. So it's at:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._5_0_8.exe
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 99 5,214 39 minutes ago
Last Post: NightLight
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 374 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 20,309 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,685 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 6,648 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 154,564 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 7,502 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,560 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 7,612 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 35,503 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM