Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread
Dean Roddey Wrote:I will say that it doesn't involve either aliens or genetic manipulation, which narrows it down a good bit.

Could it possibly involve aliens AND genetic manipulation? That's a common pairing I hear.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
We considered that, but ultimately went another direction.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I am going to check Breitbart for the official answer as to what exactly is going on here...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
you joke, but ...
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Caseta / Netatmo / Brultech in testing
I have the faux blocking calls to the web server working in the HTML client. I figured out a much easier way to do it, far slicker and doesn't require much plumbing to do it. I'm turning lights off and on. I put a bogus sleep on the server side to simulate a call that is taking a while and the client correctly blocks any clicks until the call comes back in.

I need to work a little on catching disconnections from the server and trying to auto-reconnect, then I should be able to get an early version out there for folks to play with.
Dean Roddey
I banged more on the HTML client today. Getting into how to cleanly handle reconnects and such has required some re-organization. I got a lot of that done today, but still some more to do. Given that it is a 'thick' client, I really want it to be able to reconnect automatically without losing your current context within the application (unless the room config has changed in which case it has to go back to the main screen.) But, otherwise, if you are on page x and it temporarily loses connection, I'd like it to be able to reconnect and just leave you there unaffected.

So I've been trying to work things out to make that work.
Dean Roddey
Dean, can you either explain to me how the HTML client will work vis-a-vis the RIVA/Apple or direct me to where I can read about it?

I really like how the RIVA interface works as an app on those devices currently.

What can I expect?
Initially it will just support the room configuration system. So it will just automatically adjust to the configuration you have set up, and it won't allow for any customization, beyond that supported by the room config system anyway.

That won't be a replacement for the RIVA stuff, so RIVA won't go away until some subsequent, more generalized HTML client is available, which will be further down the road.

The room config driven HTML client will still be available long term as well, since it is very useful to have a zero configuration client available for those folks happy to live within the room config based world, which we will continue to expand moving forward also. In that case you can auto-generate interfaces for the IV and you have a pre-fab HTML client available, so it will take fairly minimal effort to get a system going for that type of scenario.
Dean Roddey
The Demo I saw was formatted for a computer screen. When can we expect an mobile optimized version of the HTML viewer?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
It's not really 'formatted' per se. It's just using DIVs and such, all of which will resize to fit what's there. So it should adapt easily enough to landscape vs. portrait orientations. It may not deal well initially with low resolution devices, but most phones and such are not very low resolution these days. We may end up having to deal with images, to maybe have two different sizes, so that it can select one set or another based on resolution. But we'll see how it works as is first.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 103 5,919 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 419 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 20,736 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,744 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 6,837 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 157,207 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 7,593 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,588 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 7,692 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 35,810 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM