Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Home $99
Here is a link to an AutoVoice Demo using Google Home  it's a bit silly at the beginning but illustrates what can be done with Google Home and Tasker on Android. You do have to put it into the listen mode for the plugin of choice at this point but it appears to stay there until taken out of that mode.  Don't know yet if you can still say a regular "Hey Google" command yet when in the 3rd party plugin.

With Google Home and Hue bulbs I can change the colors, the level very easily as well as ask if the light is turned on or not.  Language is natural, I can say is the Kitchen light on, turned on, off, turned off, etc and it will respond with the state of the light.  Same is true for the SmartThings lights.
Do you have Google Home integrated with CQC? I just realized that if I put one of my Echo's into the new apartment in SoCal, issuing commands could result in turning lights on/off at my house in NorCal (which would piss off the wife, which would be very bad).

Planning on getting Hue bulbs, zWave motions controlled via an ISY. I could use Google Home, but I need a way via GHome to control zWave.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
If you don't need a lot of customization, you could use the new Voice stuff.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(04-22-2017, 09:43 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: If you don't need a lot of customization, you could use the new Voice stuff.

Yeah I was thinking about that. I'm even bringing an xBone with me with a Kinect. Not sure if I can just connect that to a PC or not. Alas it's more to learn...
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
(04-22-2017, 09:10 PM)IVB Wrote: Do you have Google Home integrated with CQC? I just realized that if I put one of my Echo's into the new apartment in SoCal, issuing commands could result in turning lights on/off at my house in NorCal (which would piss off the wife, which would be very bad).

Planning on getting Hue bulbs, zWave motions controlled via an ISY. I could use Google Home, but I need a way via GHome to control zWave.

Sorry, was off the grid camping...

I'm only integrated through the SmartThings hub at the moment with GH. 

ISY is working on direct action GH integration, it also can currently do IFTTT.  Might be less to try to learn down this path and give you the opportunity to try out a GH...

Google Home compatible with ISY994
Direct Action
Specific post on IFTTT (no detail, generalities)

-Ben
Google Speech rate error now down to 5%

Google Home to have Bluetooth capability 
(05-17-2017, 07:17 PM)batwater Wrote: Google Speech rate error now down to 5%

Google Home to have Bluetooth capability 

Agree, My google Home seems to understand better the meaning of the request than my Echo. For us geeks it is easy to speak in proper syntax repetitively but my wife says "turn off master bedroom lights" a different way each time. Google seems to understand what she is saying. Glad someone does Smile.
But without CQC integration, there's not much to say to it. Playing music and hearing the weather isn't that interesting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google and RPI3 Ron Haley 1 483 05-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Get Started using AutoVoice on Google Home and Amazon Echo batwater 2 1,503 02-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: batwater
  Google Home batwater 4 587 10-05-2016, 06:38 PM
  Google reaches into customers' homes and bricks their gadgets Mark Stega 4 783 04-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Xandem Home jkmonroe 4 1,102 11-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Google OnHub jkmonroe 1 970 08-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Last Post: wuench
  slightly different perspective on Home automation from mouser SomeWhatLost 2 1,034 07-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Nexia Home? Sendero 1 770 03-10-2015, 11:46 AM
  Google Music All Play Logitech Media Server Plugin batwater 6 4,706 01-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Last Post: batwater
  WIFI for big home.... with mesh? bjkiller 8 1,475 09-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Last Post: rsw686