Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.0 Followup Releases
SomeWhatLost Wrote:but from a forum point of view, the link is in post #2 of this thread...
haha, yeah I saw that but wasn't 100% that would be the latest release version or not so wanted to get from the web site.
batwater Wrote:Dean I had a duplicate user name, one was all upper, one was all lower. I was able to delete 1 of the 2 accounts but now the admin interface won't let me deal with the other account, how do I clean this up? Admin interface throws an error whenever I try to enter the Users tree...

Thanks,
-Ben

Select the Users scope and hit F5 (or right click and do refresh) and see if that doesn't get you back into sync. I'll check to see if you can still manage to do that and prevent it if so.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Shaky Wrote:haha, yeah I saw that but wasn't 100% that would be the latest release version or not so wanted to get from the web site.

Yeh, I can put a downloads link up at the top for such a thing I guess.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Select the Users scope and hit F5 (or right click and do refresh) and see if that doesn't get you back into sync. I'll check to see if you can still manage to do that and prevent it if so.

Interestingly after a period of time I was able to go back in and not get an error. Guessing it was cached. I can get into the Users scope now without error.
I got a new video done today, though not uploaded yet, and of course the small fixes that inevitably following doing a video, plus some more written documentation as I notice holes in what's there as well.

I'm discovering that Youtube kind of sucks for the videos because you can't replace a video. You can only create a new one, and that has a new URL. So it breaks any references, such as in the help content, or it leaves them pointed at the old one.
Dean Roddey
So, in addition to watching for things to fix while I'm doing videos, I've also been watching for places where I was just having to do too much explaining or something probably needed to be made easier. One of these is the formatting of time stamps with the time text oriented widgets. They use a set of replacement tokens, which you had to go look up and type in. So today I implemented a little editor to make it much easier. While I was at it, I made a spot topic video about how to use it, if you are interested in how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyGQ0hOSjlo
Dean Roddey
I couldn't take another day of docs and videos, but I wanted to be productive, so I picked a long requested thing that I figured I could get through in a single hardcore day. I made it, though just barely.

I updated the media list browser (the text based version of the CAB) to use artist as the top level list, instead of category. No one seemed to want to browse by category so a lot of folks never used the list browser who might have otherwise done so for the light weight nature of it. So, anyhoo, now it should work better for them.

Movies still use category as the top level of course. That was one of the somewhat time wasters. I forgot about that, and ended up with browsing movies by director, which wouldn't have exactly worked, so I had to put the old stuff back for movies.

This will be in the next drop (5.0.2).
Dean Roddey
Here is a 5.0.2 version. Not formally posted yet. It has some small fixes and takes care of an important omission and adds a couple of small improvements.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._5_0_2.exe

• A small fix from Mark for the Oppo BDP-V2 driver.
  • For the attribute that is used by variable based widgets to select the associated global variable, it only supports typing in the variable name. Change it so that the ellipsis pops up the variable cheat sheet.
  • It's always been a pain for users to set up a time text widget, because they have to figure out the replacement tokens that represent various aspects of a time stamp. So provide a nice editor dialog to make that a lot easier and invoke it from the time text widget's format attribute.
  • The format string of time text widgets isn't being counted in the equality test, so it won't be treated as a change, which means it won't be saved if it's the only thing that has changed.
  • The little id generator program (used to generate the required ids for some drivers) was not in the 5.0 release. It was going to be moved to the main admin client, but that never happened. For now, just just reinstate the original one.
  • Update the Philips Hue driver to support scenes. There's no way we can afford to poll a hundred new things, so it just uses the 'one active scene' paradigm. There's just a single SCNE#CurScene field, the limits for which are the names of the defined scenes. You write one of the values to activate that scene.
  • Make sure the new Admin Interface is correctly limiting access to Power Users. They can run the Admin Interface, but they don't have access to everything. The servers will still reject any unsupported action, but we want to only present what's legal so there's no confusion.
  • Update the Media List Browser widget so that, when browsing music, the top level list is artist, and not category (genre.) For movies the top level is still categories.
Dean Roddey
You didn't mention the media list browser change, did it make it into 5.02?
Oops, yeh, it is. I'll update the post above.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old pre-3.4 beta releases thread. Dean Roddey 31 8,691 11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey