Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.0 Followup Releases
There will inevitably be some small followup releases for 5.0. There's no way we went through all of that and got it all perfect. So this thread is to cover those and keep track of what happened. These are beta releases, but some of them may not end up being formally posted if they only fix a very specific thing that only one or two people might run into.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
OK, here is a 5.0.1 release that should address the initial batch of post-release issues that showed up.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._5_0_1.exe

In particular there was an issue where if one of the more complex drivers (has a client side interface and the client and server sides share a common DLL, of which there are a handful of) had been installed already, after the upgrade the common DLL wouldn't get downloaded properly because the old version of it was being looked for. So, the Z-Wave drivers, the Omni drivers, maybe a couple others.

It also has a number of other useful tweaks.

• There's an issue with the system config tab. If it's already open and you double click it, it's not finding the previous tab so it tries to open another and fails of course. The tab was incorrectly marking itself as a view mode tab, when it's really an editor. So when you invoke it again, an editor is looked for and not found.
  • On the first page of the installer (where you select the basic mode) make both of the options use the term 'setup', currently one says setup and one says installation.
  • The time text widget isn't putting a divider into the attribute editor to separate its widget specific attributes from the others.
  • The changes related to accessing the data server caused a small but crucial step to be lost when loading drivers. The existing configuration for the driver is loaded, but then it's supposed to read the original manifest file and update the configuration with any changes. One of the changes will be the driver DLL version (for C++ drivers.) If the driver has a shared DLL (shared by the server and client sides) that will not load correctly otherwise, which will cause the driver to fail to load. CQC will still be trying to load the old version of that shared DLL.
  • Add the release notes to the web site so that they can be seen before doing an install.
  • We never got the template actions into the attribute editor, and there's no editor dialog for those so we need to do one and add it to the attribute editor.
  • There were still some issues in the /Devices section of the browser, with keeping the browser object's data in sync with the actual data. This could leave a previous driver moniker stuck in the browser's internal list when a driver is removed, which could cause a duplicate moniker error if you removed a driver and tried to add it back using the same moniker (mostly if it was the only driver on the server, because the server object wasn't removed correctly once it had no more drivers configured for it.) It might also cause an error if you do a refresh on the /Devices scope.
Dean Roddey
Is the download link elsewhere, or did you forget to include it? I'm ready to try this.
That would be useful, wouldn't it? I updated the post above. Sorry about that.
Dean Roddey
I need to get to bed now, so I won't be able to try this tonight, but I'll definitely install it as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
I just applied the update, and all's now right with the CQC world as far as template actions are concerned. :-)
I'm trying to install the update on one of my tablets, and I am getting "The target directory could not be cleaned out. Aborting...".

I can manually delete the contents if you can tell me which directory it's trying to use...
That's either because something has that directory open (make sure you've closed all CQC GUI apps, including the tray monitor. Make sure you command line windows have it as the current directory. The other reason it can happen is because of anti-virus stuff, so maybe try pausing that while you try the upgrade.
Dean Roddey
I couldn't see anything that was still open, but I just went ahead and rebooted the tablet to start with a fresh slate, and that solved the problem. Thanks.
I made 5.0.1 the official version now, and made some more small improvements to the web site. The text in the section where you download the installer now shows the version you are going to download. And I added some meta tags for some basic SEO optimization, and worked the terms 'home automation' and 'commercial automation' into the text in a few places for similar reasons.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old pre-3.4 beta releases thread. Dean Roddey 31 7,718 11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey