Charmed Quark Systems
Google
WWW CharmedQuark.com

Go Back   Charmed Quark Systems > General Discussion > Installation/Configuration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Installation/Configuration Discuss installation, configuration and deployment of CQC based systems

Old 04-24-2012, 06:50 AM

Default Digiport realport com port settings - can't get stability

EDIT - have changed TCP Stability mode and after a REBOOT i have the plasma driver stable....

(see magic happens) - will leave post just incase i forget...

TCP Custom: Complete write req imm. & Ignore line and serial settings checked, do no scan for modems, always grant port open req. guarantee non-blocking checked.

-----------------------------
I have a digi etherlite 32 (realport as far as server2008 is concerned)

I've just done a rebuild, and am stuggling to get it working with 2 of my drivers...

it does work, so cabling is ok, etc, but i am getting 30 second disconnects with both the denon 3805 and the panasonic plasma drivers....

the c-bus driver is rock solid, but no matter what port settings i try i can't get the other 2 stable....

reading around this from a few years ago it's suggested it could be the driver - of failing that is anyone else still using realport, and got a set of port settings that is ok ?

i'm capturing the serial protocol, and it seems fine, the plasma driver in paticular seems not to tollerate any missing commands.

Will

Last edited by willplaice : 04-24-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Integration Partner

I use a realport Etherlite 32 as well.

I forutnately have not seen any issues yet on either the W2k3 box or the W2k8 box I am trying to migrate to.

As for leaving the post, I think it is important that this info is here for anyone to use and learn from.

Mick