Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preview of new Web based RIVA client
I've fixed the issue with extra spaces in multi-line text, so that'll be right in the next drop. Some testing indicates that there can be a one or two pixel difference between when the width of the widget will cause the IV to wrap vs. the WebRIVA client to wrap the text.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
The WebRiva is working great. Couldn't be happier with the functionality on the iPads. For some reason on my Android Phone it works in Chrome but when I do a "Add to Home screen" it does not work.
I have done an add to homescreen in both Chrome and samsung's browser(home screen short cut looks different for each) so pretty sure it isn't a browser issue.
When I launch from home screen all I get is "Connecting to CQC". Only thing unusual about my setup is I use port 8181. Odd it would work in browser but not as a home screen icon.
Has anyone else seen like symptom? I will try to change to port 80 next day or two and re-test
Thanks Kevin
Do you have access to the browser console in Chrome on the Android? I'm guessing not, or not directly. You can hook up a program that will display the console output remotely on another machine, and then you could enable logging and see maybe what it's complaining about.
Dean Roddey
For the next drop (5.1.908) I've updated the WebRIVA client so that, when it goes into the background, it tells the server that it has. The server stops sending graphics commands and image data to it. So they are just pinging each other to keep the connection alive. When the client comes back to the foreground tab, it will tell the server that and he will force a full redraw to get you caught up and start sending all msgs again.

So I think that this should help prevent loss of connection when in the background. The available CPU and update frequency is so low in a bgn tab that it probably cannot handle any significant amount of updates (which will happen if other clients are making changes, not just when you are interacting with that specific web client.) That will cause it get backed up and probably the server will drop him.

So give this a try after 908 comes out. If you set the &logguievents=1 value on the URL, that will cause the Web Server to log GUI oriented events for that client. You should see it post a message to the CQC logs about the client going into fgn and bgn modes. AFAIK all the recent browsers support the visibility API that I'm using to sense this change. It should also happen if you minimize and restore the browser while the WebRIVA client is the fgn tab.
Dean Roddey
(09-13-2017, 09:36 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Do you have access to the browser console in Chrome on the Android? I'm guessing not, or not directly. You can hook up a program that will display the console output remotely on another machine, and then you could enable logging and see maybe what it's complaining about.

Ok that that is cool(after 30 mins of trying to get remote console on Chrome working from my desktop to my phone)
This is the console when android phone is sitting on "Connecting to CQC"
Looks like when I do a "add to home screen" from a working tab in chrome on Android the shortcut does not have the correct user/PW filled in.(unless you null it out for security)

:8181/favicon.ico Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
2Websocket.js:113 WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.2.118:8181/Websock/CQSL/WebRIVA.html?user=null&pw=null' failed: Data frame received after close
connectToSrv @ Websocket.js:113
20Websocket.js:113 WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.2.118:8181/Websock/CQSL/WebRIVA.html?user=null&pw=null' failed: Data frame received after close
connectToSrv @ Websocket.js:113
reconnHandler @ Websocket.js:182
I assume you nulled the user/password value sin the example above for privacy? If not, then it means that the query parameters are getting removed or messed up somehow. If you look at the settings for that desktop icon are the user/pw values there?
Dean Roddey
(09-13-2017, 04:05 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I assume you nulled the user/password value sin the example above for privacy? If not, then it means that the query parameters are getting removed or messed up somehow. If you look at the settings for that desktop icon are the user/pw values there?
Odd, when I launch the homescreen icon it is just "192.168.2.118:8181/cqsl/webriva/index.html"   in the console window. Not sure I can edit the desktop icon since I un-rooted my phone. Odd "add to homescreen" would cut off everything after "?".  
(09-13-2017, 04:36 PM)kfly Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 04:05 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I assume you nulled the user/password value sin the example above for privacy? If not, then it means that the query parameters are getting removed or messed up somehow. If you look at the settings for that desktop icon are the user/pw values there?
Odd, when I launch the homescreen icon it is just "192.168.2.118:8181/cqsl/webriva/index.html"   in the console window. Not sure I can edit the desktop icon since I un-rooted my phone. Odd "add to homescreen" would cut off everything after "?".  

looks like it is some kind of webserver or router re-direct issue and will do more testing to see if it is my :8181 causing an issue tomorrow. Odd as it was local IP's so would not expect this kind of issue: (going for a much needed beer).
This workaround works:
     Pull up CQC on Android Chrome browser.
     Turn off Wifi.
     Do "Add to homescreen" (You will have to name the homescreeen shortcut since it cannot resolve)
     Turn Wifi back on.
Thanks
kevin
I just posted 5.1.908. See if that works better when WebRIVA is in the background.
Dean Roddey
As I was going to sleep last night I realized I'd missed one scenario. If the client loses connection for some legitimate reason due to connection quality, while it's in the background, it will start trying to reconnect. If it does, then the server won't know it's in the background, since this is a new session. So it will blast it with all of the initial drawing commands and probably fail and get into a cycle. So I need to tell the server upon connection if the client is in slow motion mode. That way it won't ever send any drawing commands until you bring it forward.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The RIVA Comm Buf Mgr pool is full and cannot be expanded any further zra 52 5,525 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  HTTP-based Trigger Driver Docs znelbok 5 988 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM
  Client Side Drivers pinballmark 2 857 12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Room config HTML based app preview Dean Roddey 5 1,035 11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
  5.0 Preview Stuff Dean Roddey 108 7,274 11-01-2016, 11:06 AM
  Repository + RIVA problems chmilar 7 1,198 03-29-2016, 02:14 PM
  4.8.2 preview Dean Roddey 18 1,753 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM
  Repointing CQC Client to new server address? Deane Johnson 11 1,598 11-10-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Client won't connect Deane Johnson 12 1,609 10-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Graphing on IOS Client zra 1 1,079 04-04-2015, 09:29 AM