Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-17-2013

With version 1.23, if you press for more than one second and release, the title bar will display an icon on the left and the connected username. The icon shows a different image depending if it's connected or not (X).

If I can get confirmations that the connected status is accurate, I should be able to wire some auto-reconnect timer to it...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 03-17-2013

The icon indicator is working very well so far. Now I need to design an interface for my fat fingers.

Is there any method of monitoring the orientation of the interface as of now? I eventually want to have a different view when in landscape vs. portrait.

DaveB Wrote:Is there any method of monitoring the orientation of the interface as of now? I eventually want to have a different view when in landscape vs. portrait.
No, you'd need to define another user for the other orientation and connect to it.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 03-17-2013

There must be a method of doing it as some other similar products are. Is this a RIVA limitation? I know that the device reports orientation.

DaveB Wrote:There must be a method of doing it as some other similar products are. Is this a RIVA limitation?
I know that it wasn't part of the RIVA protocol when I originally developed TaRIVA, you'd have to check the iOS version forum to see if it was added at some point...

Quote: I know that the device reports orientation.
Right, and you can see the template being re-centered when you rotate the device.

DropBox has a version 1.24 which shouldn't crash if you press a "special action" button. It won't do the proper action, but at least it won't drop connection... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - IVB - 03-17-2013

I assume I'm the only one who's had stability issues with taRiva? As in, pressing a button doesn't necessarily result in the desired action, many times it just sits there. This has been happening for a while, I'm wondering if I've just got too much stuff on my HTC One X. Or if its bloatware killing it.

IVB Wrote:As in, pressing a button doesn't necessarily result in the desired action, many times it just sits there.
With 1.23 you can see if you are connected at that point...

If the template that you are using is bigger than the phone's resolution in that orientation, you do need to use a long press for buttons, otherwise it assumes you wan to swipe...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 03-18-2013

Fonceur Wrote:With 1.23 you can see if you are connected at that point...

If the template that you are using is bigger than the phone's resolution in that orientation, you do need to use a long press for buttons, otherwise it assumes you wan to swipe...

Ah - That answers several questions. I use the same interface in landscape as in portrait the buttons act strange in portrait.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 03-18-2013

The new RIVA scheme I've thrown out there for discussion could help in this respect, since in that scheme the RIVA client would know if you touched something clickable or not and could respond accordingly, so a press on a non-clickable area could be an unambiguous swipe, while a press on something clickable would always be a click.

Currently the RIVA client doesn't have that knowledge.