Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 02-25-2013

batwater Wrote:Info screen, there is a icon to the right of the resolution info, press on that, will turn to a lock icon.

-Ben
That's the icon that I was describing. It is unresponsive to touch on my Kindle Fire.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 02-25-2013

I am experiencing the exact same items as Mark noted on my Droid phone.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-25-2013

OK try version 1.22 from DropBox, it turns out that Android 3.2+ requires an extra option to prevent the restart of the activity... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 02-26-2013

Fonceur Wrote:OK try version 1.22 from DropBox, it turns out that Android 3.2+ requires an extra option to prevent the restart of the activity... Wink

With 1.22 loaded om my Kindle Fire:

1) I don't see the restart and most of the times after a rotation or sleep it seems that TaRIVA is still responding. A couple of times after sleeping I experienced the same unresponsive behavior. I'll try to discern a pattern.

2) The icon to lock orientation on the info screen is still unresponsive.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-26-2013

Mark Stega Wrote:2) The icon to lock orientation on the info screen is still unresponsive.
Did you recompile the full version for your Kindle or are you running the unregistered version? As I think that is one of the features that requires a registered version...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 02-26-2013

I haven't successfully compiled yet (I have a hate/hate relationship with Eclipse) so I am running the unregistered version from the first post. That must explain the issue with the screen orientation lock. I do intend to get the code compiled to see if I can help with the network lockups (which as I said above are much better but not yet perfect).

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-14-2013

Version 1.23

- Fixed a tiling issue.
- Tweaked the Settings screen.
- Tweaked the Title bar some more.

Version 1.22

- Prevent restart on rotation for Android 3.2+.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 03-16-2013

I purchased TaRiva from the Google Store and loaded 1.20. How do I update that version to the current version? I attempted to do it via the drop box download. but ended up with two versions on my Droid, 1.20 registered and 1.23 unregistered. The real issue I have is 1.20 will not run well on my phone and crashes, but 1.23 runs fine. Is there a method of obtaining a registration code even though I purchased the original copy vie the Google store?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-16-2013

Check Google Play again, 1.23 is there. It just takes time to show up...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 03-16-2013

Worked fine - Thanks!