Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 02-24-2013

Every once in a while the client will jump back to the main template page for no reason. This is a new behavior with v1.20

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 02-24-2013

That would likely indicate it's lost connection and reconnected.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-24-2013

Version 1.20

- Fix: a network thread was not properly terminated on disconnect.

The version has been pushed to Google Play as it seemed to do the job.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-24-2013

batwater Wrote:To get to the "app menu" suggest you consider as an alternative an extra long press anywhere on the screen, like 2 or 3x (configurable?) the setting is for the standard button press
In DropBox, there's a version 1.21 requiring a one second press for the action bar to show up, and which won't pop up at every server update... See it that works better.

Technically it's triggered on the release, so you won't see it while pressing. That's a bit counter-intuitive, but I don't get "long press" events as such with the way I've implemented things...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 02-25-2013

Fonceur Wrote:In DropBox, there's a version 1.21 requiring a one second press for the action bar to show up, and which won't pop up at every server update... See it that works better.

Technically it's triggered on the release, so you won't see it while pressing. That's a bit counter-intuitive, but I don't get "long press" events as such with the way I've implemented things...

Perfect, works great!

Thank You!!! :-D
-Ben

Hi Foncuer,

Is there a way to select a different set of templates based on the screen orientation, landscape vs portrait?

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-25-2013

batwater Wrote:Is there a way to select a different set of templates based on the screen orientation, landscape vs portrait?
Nope, you'd have to reconnect with a different username. From the information screen, you can lock the orientation, but that's it...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 02-25-2013

Fonceur Wrote:Nope, you'd have to reconnect with a different username. From the information screen, you can lock the orientation, but that's it...
How do you lock the orientation? I see an icon to the right of the screen resolution taht seems to indicate that orientation is allowed to change, but I don't seem to see any way to accomplish the lock.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 02-25-2013

I loaded 1.21

1) TaRIVA now survives an orientation change, shows the logo, and loads the logon screen. At this point no button presses work so you are effectively frozen.

2) After a sleep/wake transition (either by the power button or by timer) TaRIVA has the same issue that no button presses work.

In both cases a 1 second press and entrance into the settings screen with an "apply" forces the reconnect.

Mark Stega Wrote:How do you lock the orientation? I see an icon to the right of the screen resolution taht seems to indicate that orientation is allowed to change, but I don't seem to see any way to accomplish the lock.

Info screen, there is a icon to the right of the resolution info, press on that, will turn to a lock icon.

-Ben