Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 02-23-2013

After quite a learning a curve, I've now got the TARIVA up in the development environment, so I can start poking around a bit and see if I can help out with the issues.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 02-23-2013

Great News. I think that it is real close, just some rough edges to work out for now. the entire application needs to increase in functionality, but just to get it connect and be stable would be a great start!

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 02-23-2013

I've found the basic issue. It isn't yet automatically reconnecting, but it'll now reconnect manually after a loss of connection, i.e. it doesn't lock up now. So just figuring out why it's not doing the automatic reconnect should now be all that's required to get back basically happy.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-24-2013

Dean Roddey Wrote:I've found the basic issue.
That version is available from DropBox, if people want to try it and make sure it does solve issues...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 02-24-2013

Fonceur Wrote:That version is available from DropBox, if people want to try it and make sure it does solve issues...

Testing now. What I don't like with this version is the drop down menu behavior for the taRiva text / menu button. my templates for my phones are designed for full screen.

There are 2 issues / behaviors with v1.20

1) The menu drops down on every button press and state change message from the riva server, very distracting and cluttered.

2) the menu randomly pops down on top of the template when sitting idle. Presuming this is due to I/O update from the riva server. Probably this is same issue as #1 stage change message issue.

I held off until today upgrading from 1.09 because of these behaviors.

To get to the "app menu" suggest you consider as an alternative an extra long press anywhere on the screen, like 2 or 3x (configurable?) the setting is for the standard button press, to trigger that dropdown otherwise don't show it after displaying at startup for x seconds (configurable?).

Thanks,
-Ben

Dean Roddey Wrote:I've found the basic issue. It isn't yet automatically reconnecting, but it'll now reconnect manually after a loss of connection, i.e. it doesn't lock up now. So just figuring out why it's not doing the automatic reconnect should now be all that's required to get back basically happy.

Confirmed that I can get back in cleanly.

Thanks for fixing this!

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - IVB - 02-24-2013

batwater Wrote:Confirmed that I can get back in cleanly.

Thanks for fixing this!

-Ben

eh, huh? Where'd you get it from?

IVB Wrote:eh, huh? Where'd you get it from?

If you purchased taRiva directly from Talluscorp then, if you requested, you should have been set up to access the latest code via a dropbox link. This method uses a registration key.

If from Google Play then it is not available to you yet. This method uses Google to authenticate, the two methods are not interchangeable.

If you have direct purchase from Talluscorp (registration key method) but are not set up with a dropbox link PM me and I'll make it available to you.

-Ben

batwater Wrote:What I don't like with this version is the drop down menu behavior for the taRiva text / menu button.
Right, I was supposed to change the behavior, but ended up with other crashes that took priority.

batwater Wrote:If you have direct purchase from Talluscorp (registration key method) but are not set up with a dropbox link PM me and I'll make it available to you.
There's a download link in the first post. Wink