Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 02-15-2013

potts.mike Wrote:Now I'm wondering if rdp into a vm would be better. Does TAriva stay connected to the server when it's not the app in "focus"?

Nope, not with this release, it does not recover, you have to exit and reenter.

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-16-2013

potts.mike Wrote:Now I'm wondering if rdp into a vm would be better. Does TAriva stay connected to the server when it's not the app in "focus"?
Unfortunately, it always had issues reconnecting or coming back to the foreground. Some iterations were probably better than the current state, as I broke more stuff trying to fix others. I do hope to eventually fix those issues, but it's a very low priority project for me, sorry.

Technically Dean and Mark have access to the source code and have shown interest in possibly fixing my mess... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 02-18-2013

So I am at a crossroad. I am running 1.19 as a test (trial copy) and it crashed on my Drois (running 4.1.1 OS). Do I buy in to get to v1.20, or is there something up with 4.1.1 and version 1.19 that really is not repaired yet in 1.20?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - IVB - 02-18-2013

Dumb question: How are folks coding up an "exit" button on their interfaces? I can't get either the Special Action or regular command button IntfExit to work, so i've been force-closing this via the Android kill-app slide.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 02-18-2013

The RIVA server does send along special action commands to the RIVA client, but I don't know for sure if the Android RIVA client processes them, or processes them all.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 02-19-2013

IVB Wrote:Dumb question: How are folks coding up an "exit" button on their interfaces? I can't get either the Special Action or regular command button IntfExit to work, so i've been force-closing this via the Android kill-app slide.

If you just back out of the app (via the phone's "back" button), you will get a pop up window asking if you want to close out the app. Pressing yes will close out the app.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - IVB - 02-19-2013

yeah saw that, wife keeps looking for the exit button that I had coded up on my iOS version.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-19-2013

DaveB Wrote:I am running 1.19 as a test (trial copy) and it crashed on my Drois (running 4.1.1 OS). Do I buy in to get to v1.20, or is there something up with 4.1.1 and version 1.19 that really is not repaired yet in 1.20?
There isn't a version 1.20 released yet, so if 1.19 unregistered isn't working well for you, there is no point in buying the version from Google Play as it's essentially the same.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-19-2013

Dean Roddey Wrote:The RIVA server does send along special action commands to the RIVA client, but I don't know for sure if the Android RIVA client processes them, or processes them all.
Nope, it only supports the early version 2 protocol.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - DaveB - 02-19-2013

I figured out how to crash it at will. In my case, just turn the phone sideways. In landscape mode, the program crashes.