Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - RichardU - 02-13-2013

The wiki shows 1.20 as the latest version, but if I download I get 1.19.

FWIW, I'm running Android 4.0.4 (latest available from AT&T for Galaxy S II) and nearly every time I try it, version 1.19 will work, then within a few minutes, my phone will crash (lockup) requiring a reboot.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 02-14-2013

Version 1.20 is still in development.

Try installing an Android log capture app like aLogCat or Lor collector and post the log of a crash. Only the original RIVA protocol 2 is supported, so if your template is using newer things like environment variables, that could explain it. Maybe try with some simpler templates first.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - RichardU - 02-15-2013

Fonceur Wrote:Try installing an Android log capture app like aLogCat or Lor collector and post the log of a crash.
I am using a very simple template, but I think it does use environment variables to log in. I appreciate your advice about aLogCat. I tried that once before and couldn't understand what I was looking at. I'm sure it would be understandable if I took the time to figure it out. My problem is, I have twenty other things competing for the same kind of attention.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - potts.mike - 02-15-2013

Can this be configured for auto login on launch?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - IVB - 02-15-2013

meaning when you start up the phone or start up the app?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 02-15-2013

RichardU Wrote:I am using a very simple template, but I think it does use environment variables to log in. I appreciate your advice about aLogCat. I tried that once before and couldn't understand what I was looking at. I'm sure it would be understandable if I took the time to figure it out. My problem is, I have twenty other things competing for the same kind of attention.

I'm not understanding your question. I do not have to log in to use my templates, I simply run taRiva and it logs in the account I have selected. On the CQC side I have set what templates get run for that account at login.

-Ben

potts.mike Wrote:Can this be configured for auto login on launch?

I guess both. If I grab a nexus 7 for this I will want to get a dock and use it as an alarm clock. I was hoping that I would be able to configure it so that when I slide it into the dock the digital clock/alarm comes up. When removed from the dock CQC comes up with out needing to log back in.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - IVB - 02-15-2013

That is easy to do via tasker. I haven't figured out if tasker can auto-start an app when you first turn on tablet, perhaps. Its pretty powerful.

Either way, you'll need tasker. Its a whopping $6, so you'll have to skip lattes for two days...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - wuench - 02-15-2013

The clock thing is built into ICS/JB automatically. So it will go to the alarm clock when you dock it. And you definitely can launch an app on undock with tasker. I was doing exactly that (launching an RDP session to CQC on undock). One of the other cool tasker things I setup was when CQC was running to have the tablet sleep when I put the tablet down and wake when I pick it up which was a lot better solution than relying on the screen timeout in my home theater.

BTW, I finally did figure out how to stop the clock screen on dock on my tablet. I just had to disable the clock process in settings.

Now I'm wondering if rdp into a vm would be better. Does TAriva stay connected to the server when it's not the app in "focus"?