Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 12-20-2012

Mine too. Drop box downloads. Thanks for looking into it!

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-21-2012

sic0048 Wrote:Mine too. Drop box downloads. Thanks for looking into it!
OK, I changed the permission, so it's no longer crashing my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.

Version 1.19

- Changed a permission required for Android 4.2 registered version.

This is really just version 1.18 with the bluetooth_admin permission. Hopefully it won't crash the Android 2.x users instead... Wink The other changes I've been working on were not ready for release.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 12-21-2012

1.19 works with Android 4.2.1. Thanks for updating it!

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-22-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Hopefully it won't crash the Android 2.x users instead...
Of course it crashed for anyone below Android 4.2, so I had to update it and keep both permissions... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - pasha - 12-27-2012

any plans to push latest version to google play?

-p

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-27-2012

pasha Wrote:any plans to push latest version to google play?
It's been submitted today, so should be available soon. But as I've said before, there isn't really much improvement over 1.09...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - trouble - 01-04-2013

Hi,

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and have issues with the app not closing down properly? On both v1.18 and v1.19 when i close the app (by pressing the physical back button on the phone), it asks if i really want to quit the app. I press OK, and it looks like it has closed it off, but when i open up the app manager i can see it is still running. If i open it back up the app opens and shows me where i left off, but within a second i get a message "Unfortunately, TaRIVA has stopped." The same thing happens if i dont try and close the app, but press the S3's home button and then go back in. I wasnt having this issue with my old Galaxy Nexus.

Also the link on the Tallus website downloads v1.19 on dropbox, but i can see from the release notes that v1.20 is the latest version.

Thanks
Paul

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 01-05-2013

trouble Wrote:I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and have issues with the app not closing down properly?
Yes, that's part of the reconnection issues.

Quote:Also the link on the Tallus website downloads v1.19 on dropbox, but i can see from the release notes that v1.20 is the latest version.
Version 1.20 is the current "work in progress", where I try to address various communication/shutdown issues... I didn't think the holidays would go by so quick... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - IVB - 01-27-2013

2 questions:
1) I get this title bar for TaRiva every time I touch the screen, is there some way to make that never come?

2) I'm also getting the "Unfortunately TaRIVA has stopped" issue, but its at seemingly random times. I have both an HTC One X on 4.1.something and a Nexus 7 on 4.2. I'm on CQC v4.2.5. In your experience, is this still a live issue or should this be fixed?

I'm getting this on both my devices, still trying to figure out when. I suspect at least one culprit is when my WiFi connection drops/resume from suspend, I'm currently very annoyed at an unrelated issue (stupid Serial over IP) so I'm not thinking clearly enough to diagnose it :-)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 01-30-2013

IVB Wrote:1) I get this title bar for TaRiva every time I touch the screen, is there some way to make that never come?
Not yet, but yes that didn't quite work out the way I was expecting.

Quote:I suspect at least one culprit is when my WiFi connection drops/resume from suspend
Indeed there are reconnection issues. I started redoing the TCP communication layer, but my development time outside work as drastically dropped.