Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 12-03-2012

Will this app be made available in the Barnes & Noble app store for the color Nook like it is in the Amazon app store?

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 12-03-2012

Fonceur, I've upgraded to JellyBean 4.2 and the taRiva and taSage apps FC immediately. Let me know if I can send some logs or troubleshoot for you.

Thanks,

Brian

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-03-2012

batwater Wrote:Will this app be made available in the Barnes & Noble app store for the color Nook like it is in the Amazon app store?
Not any time soon... So much to do, so little time... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-03-2012

sic0048 Wrote:Fonceur, I've upgraded to JellyBean 4.2 and the taRiva and taSage apps FC immediately. Let me know if I can send some logs or troubleshoot for you.
Sure, you can send me those logs. I did read about many apps crashing with Android 4.2, but I haven't looked into what change is causing that...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 12-05-2012

I have a static image widget on my overylay that I load on my home page. The static image is chosen from one of about 15 images upon each command. The images are pretty large (300kb to 1100kb). In 1.18 after a couple of images are displayed the static image widget is no longer populated and I get a white background. All of the other images (buttons, etc) seem not to be affected.

After waiting for some period of time I can run though commands and the images all appear. This is not critical as the templates all function, mainly I am curious about what can be causing this.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-05-2012

Mark Stega Wrote:After waiting for some period of time I can run though commands and the images all appear. This is not critical as the templates all function, mainly I am curious about what can be causing this.
Basically the app downloads the images on request, but if it takes too long, it won't display them and just move to the next RIVA command. On a refresh, since the image will already be in the cache, it will actually display. You can increase the delay to wait for images to download.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 12-05-2012

For a RIVA based client it might be best to disable that functionality to keep the overhead lower. You could always use an environmental variable based runtime value to decide whether to do it or not. It won't be set on the RIVA client and so will be empty and you can not do it, if set on a regular client it will.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - RichardU - 12-20-2012

TARiva has also stopped working on my 4.2 Nexus tablet.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-20-2012

sic0048 Wrote:Fonceur, I've upgraded to JellyBean 4.2 and the taRiva and taSage apps FC immediately. Let me know if I can send some logs or troubleshoot for you.
Sorry about the delay. The crash with Android 4.2 is because they decided to require a special permission to access the bluetooth info I use to make up a unique identifier for the registration... I assume it's not the versions from Google Play that are crashing, but the ones from the Tallus web site or dropbox, right?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - RichardU - 12-20-2012

Fonceur Wrote:I assume it's not the versions from Google Play that are crashing, but the ones from the Tallus web site or dropbox, right?
In my case, that is correct.