Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - karenlee - 11-26-2012

The server is running, and the ports must be okay as both my iPhone and iPad were able to connect to CQC and display the template screens. Do I need different settings for Android?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-27-2012

karenlee Wrote:Do I need different settings for Android?
No, you should be able to use the same settings. You can try installing some kind of log collector and see if there's anything odd in there.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - karenlee - 11-27-2012

Okay, will try. I have shut down and restarted both PC and android device, turned off my firewall and anti-virus to test, but still have the same issue. Still connects immediately to ipad and iphone though.

Oh - can you confirm that the app is indeed compatible with Samsung GT-P5110?

Thanks!
Karen

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-28-2012

karenlee Wrote:Oh - can you confirm that the app is indeed compatible with Samsung GT-P5110?
The specific device should not matter... If you want to create a test account and send me a PM with the login info, I can try and see if something odd is going on...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - karenlee - 11-28-2012

Fonceur Wrote:If you want to create a test account and send me a PM with the login info, I can try and see if something odd is going on...

Where do I create a test account?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-28-2012

I presume he means a CQC user account that is pointing to some innocuous initial template that he can play with.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - karenlee - 12-01-2012

Hi

Okay this one is resolved, we have it working on the Samsung. The only problem is, I really like the Samsung. I think I may have to keep it (hubby bought it specially for my project) and use my old (1st gen) iPad for a wall screen.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 12-03-2012

(1) I have a new Kindle Fire and downloaded and installed 1.18; It stayed frozen on the splash screen. I retyped the account and password, same deal. I then removed the name of the RIVA server and replaced it with the IP address and TaRIVA immediately showed the appropriate template for the logon.

(2) After the device sleeps and is resumed TaRIVA appears to be awake as a touch shows the title bar, however I see the last displayed template and it is non-responsive (I'd have expected it to go back to the initial template). Sometimes the app exits, sometimes I can get it to be responsive by running through the configuration screen in which case it does go to the original template as expected.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-03-2012

Mark Stega Wrote:I then removed the name of the RIVA server and replaced it with the IP address and TaRIVA immediately showed the appropriate template for the logon.
While a machine name works fine on a Windows PC, other devices usually don't have such easy access to it... I know that my Mac isn't able to access my BeyondTV web server unless I use the IP...

Quote:After the device sleeps and is resumed TaRIVA appears to be awake
Right, that's a known issue being worked on...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Mark Stega - 12-03-2012

Overall TaRIVA is working well, very responsive, only real issue so far is really the 'resume from sleep'; I think when that gets corrected this will really be a great theater addition.