Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-10-2012

batwater Wrote:I'm sending you an email directly with a screen shot, but the essence is that the screen is goobered up when the app loads.
Nothing wrong with the screenshot you sent, this is the new Title bar, which is transparent and overlayed on top of the template... It's as little obstructive as I can make it... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 10-12-2012

Fonceur Wrote:It uses the same logic as the button tap. If the template is bigger than the resolution, then you need a long press for it to appear. It also pops up on screen updates.

Okay, behavior wise I don't want the menu/title bar popping up every time I change/navigate templates, is that what you mean by "pops up on screen updates?"

If not, and it is just a function of "long press" then the threshold for the long press to get to the title/menu bar needs to be Touch delay (ms) setting + some longer threshold ms value to differentiate the 2.

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-12-2012

batwater Wrote:Okay, behavior wise I don't want the menu/title bar popping up every time I change/navigate templates, is that what you mean by "pops up on screen updates?"
Yes, since the busy indicator is there...

What I will probably try to do is to have the title bar visible when not connected and hide it 5 seconds after the initial template gets loaded. In between, it would require something like a 5 seconds long press to show it.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 10-12-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Yes, since the busy indicator is there...

What I will probably try to do is to have the title bar visible when not connected and hide it 5 seconds after the initial template gets loaded. In between, it would require something like a 5 seconds long press to show it.

That sounds good, thanks!

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-20-2012

I haven't forgotten about the TaRIVA connection issues. I simply "nick an artery" trying to do the TaRIVA brain transplant... Wink Combined with significantly less free-time for coding, that explains why there hasn't been any new built...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - karenlee - 11-26-2012

Hi

I purchased TaRiva from Google Play, but it's not working.

It simply opens to the CQC splashscreen and stays there.

I have a Samsung GT-P5110 which the app store indicated was compatible.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks
Karen

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 11-26-2012

karenlee Wrote:Any suggestions for troubleshooting?
Try the RIVA client included in CQC with the same parameters you used in TaRIVA and see if it connects... Do it from the CQC server, and if possible from another PC on the network.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 11-26-2012

karenlee Wrote:Hi

I purchased TaRiva from Google Play, but it's not working.

It simply opens to the CQC splashscreen and stays there.

I have a Samsung GT-P5110 which the app store indicated was compatible.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks
Karen

That generally means the app cannot connect to the server. It would be nice if there was some sort of notification regarding the connection status (ie attempting to connect, failed to connect, etc), but there is nothing right now. Usually something is wrong with the settings so as Fonceur suggested, try connecting with the desktop version of the RIVA client.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kblagron - 11-26-2012

I had that problem initially, and for me, it ended up that the first problem I had was that I didn't have the Riva Server installed, which is done with the install program. I then had to change my router so that ports 13516 and 13517 were accessible. Hope this helps!

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 11-26-2012

Yeh, the RIVA server may not have been installed necessarily. It doesn't have to be on the master server, you can spread them out to distribute load if you want.