Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-12-2010

znelbok Wrote:Can't find the harware button you are talking about.
As far as I know, except for some cheap Android tablets, all Android phones have some hardware Home, Menu and Back buttons...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 08-12-2010

So what am I looking for because the only think I can find that referenced cqc is the icon in the applications area and that's where it crashes after I launch it

there is no specific option in the settings list for this app after I press the harware settngs button

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-13-2010

You need taRIVA to be running in order to configure it... But as I said initially, if the application crashes on launch, you will need to install another application like "Log collector", so you can send me a report of the crash. Otherwise, there's nothing I can do.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 08-13-2010

here are the two log files I have captured

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-13-2010

znelbok Wrote:here are the two log files I have captured
The second file has the start of the launch, but it cuts before the crash...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 08-13-2010

I cant help other than I was asked to force quit and then I collected the log (both times).

i will try again a few time.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 08-14-2010

Ahh a bit of luck now - I found the configuration screen. I was looking elsewhere instead of pressing the home button while the app was starting )somehing like the iPhone app where its in settings).

It still fails, but that is probably because it is not registered yet. How do I get a registration? The link on the website takes me to a page and reports "Unable to find Specified Product in Catalog."

Can we have a new thread started for this so that the link to where the app can be downloaded from can be easily found and it can also be kept up to date. Questions pertinant to this particular app can reside there as well (this thread started as a generic droid app thread)

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-14-2010

znelbok Wrote:It still fails, but that is probably because it is not registered yet.
Nah, the registration doesn't do anything just yet. I'm not sure how Log collector works, but it does look like you need to wait a bit for it to gather the logs, it doesn't seem to do it in real time...

Quote:Can we have a new thread started for this so that the link to where the app can be downloaded from can be easily found and it can also be kept up to date.
Yes, that did cross my mind before, and your wish has been granted. Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-14-2010

So I have this byte array (ba) which represents an image, but when I try to create a bitmap (bm) from it, all I get is null... Any ideas? Is there anything special about the byte array sent for ImgStart?

Code:
byte[] ba = message.GetByteArray();
Bitmap bm = BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray(ba, 0, ba.length);

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 08-14-2010

It's not a bitmap. Well, in theory if it's cover art it could be a bitmap, but not very likely. You have to probe it and see what it is. It'll be either a PNG, JPEG, or bitmap. If it's from our repository, it's alway a PNG. If it's cover art, it could be any of the three. So you have to do a little poking around in the buffer to look for well known indicators of the file format and decode it appropriately. There may be some existing helper method on your platform that will do this for you, I dunno.