Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-22-2012

Fonceur,

I'm on 1.16 and have gotten that message when I leave the app running and come back to it after a while. I'm not sure how long it takes, but in my case I'm talking several hours before I tried to use the app again. When I did try, the app FCs and you get that message.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 09-23-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Yes I did notice that too, can you confirm that the Google Play version at 1.09 isn't doing that?
Yes the google play 1.09 does not show the background on press.
Quote:Version 1.17 does have that issue, which is why I reverted it on dropbox or are you on 1.16?
Yes I checked and am on 1.16. I tried this on 4G this morning and after a couple presses the screen went black and would not even respond to the back button or menu button. After pressing the middle hard button several times I got a different dialog but unfortunately I don't remember what it said.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - NightLight - 10-03-2012

Has anyone tried running the TaRiva App on a Dynavin D99 platform?

http://www.dynavin.com/images/Dynavin_Catalogue_2012.pdf

It's running Andriod 2.2

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - NightLight - 10-04-2012

Well than device ordered and ill have to be the first. If all goes well ill have CQC connectivity from the road.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-08-2012

Version 1.18

- Auto-hide the title bar.

I've had some requests to re-maximize the viewing area, so this version should be a good compromise.

Otherwise it's pretty much version 1.17, with reconnection issues and all... Wink

I am thinking of permanently getting rid of the status bar (with your wifi connectivity, notifications and such), instead of making it configurable... Anyone wants me to let it optional as it is now?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kblagron - 10-09-2012

I was on 1.07, and upgraded to 1.09 via the Google Play Store. I was wanting to upgrade to the latest, but 1.09 seems to stall at opening compared to 1.07. Where do I go to get the latest version? Is it the link at the beginning of this thread?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-10-2012

kblagron Wrote:Where do I go to get the latest version? Is it the link at the beginning of this thread?
For now, yes. I don't want to submit to Google Play until I solve the reconnection issues, so those are mainly test builds.

I'm about to rip out the TCP communication layer and just use what I have in another app (TaSageTV) which worked fine... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 10-10-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Version 1.18

- Auto-hide the title bar.

I've had some requests to re-maximize the viewing area, so this version should be a good compromise.

Otherwise it's pretty much version 1.17, with reconnection issues and all... Wink

I am thinking of permanently getting rid of the status bar (with your wifi connectivity, notifications and such), instead of making it configurable... Anyone wants me to let it optional as it is now?

Hi Fonceur,

I'm sending you an email directly with a screen shot, but the essence is that the screen is goobered up when the app loads. Also, I like the additional screen real estate this affords but how does one get to the taRIVA configuration menu in this mode?

Fonceur Wrote:For now, yes. I don't want to submit to Google Play until I solve the reconnection issues, so those are mainly test builds.

I'm about to rip out the TCP communication layer and just use what I have in another app (TaSageTV) which worked fine... Wink

Yay!!! :-D

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 10-10-2012

batwater Wrote:Also, I like the additional screen real estate this affords but how does one get to the taRIVA configuration menu in this mode?
It uses the same logic as the button tap. If the template is bigger than the resolution, then you need a long press for it to appear. It also pops up on screen updates.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 10-10-2012

Fonceur Wrote:It uses the same logic as the button tap. If the template is bigger than the resolution, then you need a long press for it to appear. It also pops up on screen updates.

Ah, okay, got it.

On the question of making the change permanent and not configurable...

I vote for leave it as a config option. I'm thinking of tablet installs where there may be a desire to leave the status bar exposed.

Thanks,
-Ben