Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-20-2012

Looks like you are still getting the same out of sequence packet number issue as before.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-21-2012

kayemsi Wrote:Do I have to register the 1.16 separately from the 1.09 to get it to connect?
Double check your hostname/account/password in the configuration of 1.16, it looks like you have a typo...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-21-2012

So far so good with 1.16... Banging on it now.

Thanks!
-Bens

Okay, so forgetting and leaving the client up and then coming back to it an hour later results in a 1) non responsive client 2) exiting and then reentering client results in the already reported spinning indicator and no connection to CQC. Exiting results in a "client failed error" at which point going back in the client connects correctly to CQC.

-Ben

Hi Fonceur,

A feature request: Option to toggle on/off the spinning comm indicator.

Thanks,
-Ben

batwater Wrote:A feature request: Option to toggle on/off the spinning comm indicator.
And what do you think you would gain from it?

Version 1.17

- Try to clean up better on exit.

EDIT: Never mind, something is wrong with this one... Wink

Fonceur Wrote:And what do you think you would gain from it?

Fair question... Not having a spinning indicator every time the screen refreshes with a status change. There is definite benefit to having the status indicator, it indicates life, something is happening, this is good. But I don't need to know that all of the time.

It's not a big deal, cosmetic only...

Thanks!
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 09-21-2012

(looking sheepish) Yeah I guess the password was wrong. I fixed that and it connects and after going thru each screen once so it could load the images, it seems quicker that before. It has gone to sleep once and woke and was responsive.

One new thing I noticed was when I press a widget it does not display a pressed image, instead it shows a squareish portion of the underlying template default background color. I have a background image (photo) that the widgets are on top of and the default template is blue, which normally doesn't show. But with every press and overlay change, the blue background shows in the area one would expect a pressed image or the transparent overlay. It goes back to normal when the action is finished (pressed image would revert).

Just now the phone went to sleep a second time and on waking it I got a blank screen and when I pressed it I get a dialog that says "Unfortunately, TaRiva has stopped." and a OK button.

kayemsi Wrote:One new thing I noticed was when I press a widget it does not display a pressed image, instead it shows a squareish portion of the underlying template default background color.
Yes I did notice that too, can you confirm that the Google Play version at 1.09 isn't doing that?

Quote:Just now the phone went to sleep a second time and on waking it I got a blank screen and when I pressed it I get a dialog that says "Unfortunately, TaRiva has stopped." and a OK button.
Version 1.17 does have that issue, which is why I reverted it on dropbox or are you on 1.16?