Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-16-2012

sic0048 Wrote:I can select the TaRiva app from "All Apps" and force close it. After doing that, I can restart the Riva program and it will load normally again, but only once
Yes, I did a bit of digging, and basically the relaunch can't get back a lock on the existing canvas to draw on it... Wink So I need to figure out how to properly clean up stuff on exit or how to get access back.

I tested something that worked around that issue, but it introduced other nasty issues like not being able to change between accounts in a session... So I'll keep looking how to fix it properly.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-17-2012

Version 1.13

- Fix: Would not update the canvas after relaunching the app.

Another test version, getting closer... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-17-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Version 1.13

- Fix: Would not update the canvas after relaunching the app.

Another test version, getting closer... Wink

I can confirm that I can now exit and re-enter without an issue.

Does this fix address the recovery from sleep reconnect issue (I'm testing now but just wondering)

Thanks!
-Ben

edit: but only if I'm patient and wait a small spell before going back into the client

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 09-17-2012

Fonceur,

1.13 does allow me to quit and then immediately go back into the program. One time (out of about 12 attempts), it loaded a grey screen and never finished loading the total template. Another time it caused the app to force close. But other than that, it seemed to work.

I was closing and immediately going back into the app. Sometimes via the "recent app" button and sometimes via the app drawer.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-17-2012

sic0048 Wrote:Fonceur,

1.13 does allow me to quit and then immediately go back into the program. One time (out of about 12 attempts), it loaded a grey screen and never finished loading the total template. Another time it caused the app to force close. But other than that, it seemed to work.

I was closing and immediately going back into the app. Sometimes via the "recent app" button and sometimes via the app drawer.

Yeah, got the same thing after more poking, was premature in my success pronouncement...

I get the same result if exiting and immediately or after a 5 count reentering.

Oh, just got the grey 1/2 screen affect as well. This was after attempting to re-enter after getting the spinning progress bar. After that occurs, then the client is not working...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-17-2012

Let me know if there's anything I need to do/look into.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-18-2012

Dean Roddey Wrote:Let me know if there's anything I need to do/look into.
For now the issue comes down to Android not cleaning up the app after exit, trying to make the relaunch faster... While the app itself expects to be in a pristine condition at launch/relaunch, but not knowing how to deal with resources still being in use... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 09-18-2012

That would definitely be tricky.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-18-2012

Version 1.14

- Start to use another thread for some operations.

This one seems fine with various reconnection scenarios... But there's still more to do... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-19-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Version 1.14

- Start to use another thread for some operations.

This one seems fine with various reconnection scenarios... But there's still more to do... Wink

Hi Fonceur,

Basic start / stop / start scenario is now working on WiFi, thank you! On celluar data connection, entry, exit, entry resulted in spinning progress bar like before. It doesn't matter how long I wait to go back in, same result. (or until I kill taRIVA with the task manager) Just for grins, after trying and failing at reconnecting to CQC I turned on WiFi, client connected to CQC and was 100% functional...

Also, whether it's my imagination or not, 1.14 seems faster on loading templates than 1.13.

I know the above is what you have focused on but as additional feedback, letting the phone go to sleep with taRiva running and then waking phone up results in the following: client is not operable with CQC, exiting and re-entering the client results in the behavior of the spinning progress indicator and no interaction with CQC.

Progress made... :-)

Again, thank you!
-Ben