Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 08-20-2012

kblagron Wrote:It is under 2 seconds before it stops loading, so don't think it is that.
From the Information screen, you can increase the time to wait for images.

[Image: TaRIVA_Information_.jpg]

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 08-20-2012

I'm not sure that would be it, since you wouldn't be asked to display it until it's already been downloaded. You guys don't download net based images yourself, right? I cache those and ask you to download and draw the cached image I think? If so, then I would download and cache it before I asked you to draw it. If you guys are downloading them yourselves, then yeh, the one second limit would 'splain why he might periodically time out.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 08-24-2012

On 4.2.3 now and still occasionally loosing sync/connection between taRiva and CQC resulting in an unresponsive client that can only be exited. Log attached; I would really like to exercise this particular demon as it forces an exit and restart of taRiva and on occasion, even then it doesn't clear out for a while. Reconnect after restarting taRiva client issue has not occurred yet on 4.2.3 but I've only tried once. Note that is is is on WiFi in my home.

Here is the relevant log chunk from CQC... (error keeps repeating, did not copy all of it)

Code:
08/24 11:36:54-ncc1701-d, CQCRemVSrv, CQCRemVSrvWThr1
{
    CQCRemVComm, CQCRemVComm_ThisFacility.cpp.252, Failed/Data Format, Error: 4001/0/0
    Got an invalid packet header, recycling connection
}
{
    CQCRemVSrv, CQCRemVSrv_WorkerThread.cpp.1939, Failed/App Status
    An exception occured in the service loop of worker thread 0
}
{
    CQCRemVComm, CQCRemVComm_ThisFacility.cpp.252, Failed/Data Format, Error: 4001/0/0
}
{
}
08/24 11:36:56-ncc1701-d, CQCRemVSrv, CQCRemVSrvWThr1
{
    CIDSock, CIDSock_StreamSocket.cpp.751, Failed/Not All Data Read, Error: 5014/0/0
    Could not read or write all requested bytes
}
08/24 11:36:56-ncc1701-d, CQCRemVSrv, CQCRemVSrvWThr1
{
}
08/24 11:36:57-ncc1701-d, CQCRemVSrv, CQCRemVSrvWThr1
{
    CQCRemVComm, CQCRemVComm_ThisFacility.cpp.270, Failed/Data Format, Error: 4002/0/0
    Got packet sequence number 61, but expected 60
}
{
}
{
}

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 09-02-2012

kayemsi Wrote:BTW, I tried the taRiva client on my phone via wifi to see if I could see the speed improvements and when it first started the template loaded quickly, when I tried to touch a widget the spinning indicator started going constantly and is unresponsive, and takes many tries just to get the app settings menus to come up or the back button to quit. I tried starting it again and it now starts with only the template background image showing (no widgets) and the indicator spinning constantly.

I'm moving this issue to the taRiva thread...

Okay, I just experienced exactly what you are talking about on my Galaxy Nexus. I spent the afternoon starting the process of re-sizing my screens (Uhg!!! :-( ) to the resolution of the new phones 1280x720. I was using my Evo (One X) for testing and everything was fine. Went to check things out on the Galaxy and got the spinning goofy just exactly like you described. I tried flushing the data cache & application cache on the phone and that got it to work one time until I set the hide title bar flag on the taRiva client. At that point the wonkiness started again. (this likely may be a coincidence and/or a different issue)

That was last night. This morning just a few minutes ago I fired up the client on the Galaxy Nexus and everything now works fine. Both the Galaxy Nexus and the HTC Evo now work like they should.

I am using the same UserID to log in for both phones.

Speculation: Either the Android Client, CQC or both are still not handling disconnects / orphaned sessions properly. Perhaps the performance increase in 4.2.5 coupled with these latest generation (meaning stupid fast) Android phones has pushed the connect / disconnect handling past a threshold and now it is showing up.

Partial log attached.

-Ben

Forgot to mention, Samsung Galaxy is running 1.09 from the market and HTC Evo is running 1.09 direct download.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-02-2012

batwater Wrote:Forgot to mention, Samsung Galaxy is running 1.09 from the market and HTC Evo is running 1.09 direct download.
That's exactly the same code, it just runs with different flags to handle Registration... Wink

Fonceur Wrote:That's exactly the same code, it just runs with different flags to handle Registration... Wink

Figured as much but wanted to make sure all bases were covered.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 09-02-2012

I unchecked the option to hide the title bar and it seems much more stable. BTW there is still not a title bar even with the option unchecked, the app is full screen.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 09-02-2012

kayemsi Wrote:BTW there is still not a title bar even with the option unchecked, the app is full screen.
You probably need to confirm and exit the app for that change to take effect on the next launch...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 09-02-2012

Yeah, the title bar shows up after restart. After restart the title came up, but apparently it was just the act of switching that got the whole template to load and the spin to stop, because after restarting I am back to spinning indicator and partially loaded non responsive screen. I have to hit back (quit) several times to get to the point it will listen to the setting menu, then if I toggle the hide title, then it will suddenly load the whole template, but now it is still spinning and non-responsive.

At the moment, the taRiva app is unusable with this version of CQC.

Edit : these comments are for my Samsung Galaxy S3, it seems the Bioinc is more responsive than before.