Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - sic0048 - 05-07-2012

It would be nice to have an error message pop up if the device cannot connect. As it is, there is no feedback that there is a problem, except that it stays on the initial CQC screen and never loads the selected template.

There must be something wrong with your settings (ip address, user name, password, etc).

If you see a spinning wheel at the bottom of the screen, it is connected and trying to pull information over from the CQC server. So if it spins and never pulls a template, then double check the template to make sure it is working.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 05-07-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Make sure you got the updated version after 7:50pm EST, I found the actual issue. Initially I was looking for the screen off, but when I switched to monitoring the network state I forgot to update one thing... Wink

Not sure if I should expect reconnect to work or not...

My current experience, latest v1.08, is that once my phone goes to sleep it will not reconnect without exiting the client and then re-starting.

-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 05-07-2012

batwater Wrote:once my phone goes to sleep it will not reconnect without exiting the client and then re-starting.
Over wifi it definitely should reconnect automatically, as that's what my tablet does... I'm not so sure over the cellular network...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 05-07-2012

Fonceur Wrote:Over wifi it definitely should reconnect automatically, as that's what my tablet does... I'm not so sure over the cellular network...

This is on WiFi, it was maybe an hour after I used it, taRIVA still was up when I unlocked the phone...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - kayemsi - 06-10-2012

We got the Market version 1.07 for our Bionic, but I see that the TaRiva page release notes shows the latest is 1.09 and also that the app isn't available from the Market. The Play Store (as it is apprently now called) still shows 1.07. The top of the TaRiva Application page also shows 1.07 as the latest as does Fonceur's signature. Is an upgrade to 1.09 recommended and what is the best way to keep the app current?

Also we will be adding another andriod phone soon, what is the best way now to get a version for it?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 06-10-2012

kayemsi Wrote:Is an upgrade to 1.09 recommended and what is the best way to keep the app current?
The changes in 1.08 and 1.09 were mostly to try to improve coming back from sleep, but reports were that it didn't help, that's why it hasn't been pushed to Google Play.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 06-10-2012

When you go to sleep, do you know it's happening and shut down the socket cleanly?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 06-10-2012

Technically, you don't want to close the connection just because the screen has gone off. But by the time the antenna shuts down, it's already too late to try to do anything... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - znelbok - 06-10-2012

Where do I set the button time etc and lock the screen rotation? (yes this is a registered version it would be one of the first purchased)

I just did an update from the link in the about and it still shows as 1.08.

Mick

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 06-11-2012

znelbok Wrote:Where do I set the button time etc and lock the screen rotation?
Option menu --> Information