Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 04-03-2012

I was initially doing that with the SageTV apps, but with people having the screen go to sleep after 30 seconds (by default) on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, or typically after a minute on other devices, that was a lot of unnecessary disconnect/reconnect... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 04-03-2012

But the server will drop you if you stop responding for a while, so you'd have to reconnect anyway presumably, and this way at least you don't hang up a server session for a long time. And you'd be missing all of the drawing commands that had come in, and without a reconnect it wouldn't know it needed to start you from scratch again to get everything redrawn.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - jmwhooper - 04-04-2012

A fix for this would be great, I have reverted to RDP for now until this can be resolved.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - pasha - 04-04-2012

from what I see it looks like it's still connected, as for example when I'm on music player template which has a progress bar and cover art they both would be updating, however any touch events no longer going though.

I think that's the issue:

Code:
I/InputQueue-JNI( 9880): Sending finished signal for input channel '40a21360 tallus.android.riva/tallus.android.riva.TARiva (client)' since it is being unregistered while an input message is still in progress.
I/InputQueue-JNI( 9880): Ignoring finish signal on channel that is no longer registered.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 04-08-2012

Version 1.08

- Now requires CQC 3.4+ (i.e. RIVA protocol 2).
- Fix: Was not reconnecting properly after sleep.
- Tweaked the UI.

I figured that people had time to upgrade in the last year and a half, so no one should still require the RIVA protocol 1 from CQC pre-3.2 or such...

I did find a logic flaw where it was checking if it was still connected before trying to reconnect after sleep, but since the connection status might not have been accurate, that was a problem... OTOH, if the network status changes (cellular or wifi), that might force some unnecessary disconnect/reconnect.

For now only the version available through DropBox/Tallus web site is updated, but if I can get some feedback I'll update the version on Google Play (i.e. Android Market).

EDIT: Does not seem to solve the reconnection issue...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - pasha - 04-08-2012

it's different now, but not reconnecting anyway...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 04-08-2012

pasha Wrote:it's different now, but not reconnecting anyway...
Make sure you got the updated version after 7:50pm EST, I found the actual issue. Initially I was looking for the screen off, but when I switched to monitoring the network state I forgot to update one thing... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SomeWhatLost - 05-02-2012

well today's woot is Velocity Micro T301 7” Cruz Tablet
Velocity Micro T301 7” Cruz Tablet
$59.99
Features:

* Velocity has designed and refined the Cruz Tablet to be as stylish as it is amazing. Get ready to attract attention with the sleek, slim, and stylish Cruz Tablet
* Crystal clear 4:3, 800x600 full color capacitive touch screen display – ideal for viewing ebooks and magazines, web pages, and movies
* Utilizes the open source Android OS to provide a better and more reliable user experience
* Built-in tilt activated accelerometer
* 2GB internal storage, expandable via both USB and SD card slots
* Tons of useful apps and games
* Access to the largest selection of the most popular books with the Kindle for Android app
* Extended life, user replaceable lithium-ion battery (up to 10+ hours; 24+ hours on standby)
* 802.11n Wi-Fi and full browser support
* Access to the Cruz Market™
* User Manual

now as specs go, I think those kinda well, just aren't very good really...

but should be good enough to play with as a CQC controller... I hope?
and its only $60... so I got one just to give it a try...

anyway, hows the Android RIVA thing working? all known issues taken care of?

any reason this tablet wont work?
is there anyway you could go wrong with a stylish & amazing tablet for $60?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 05-02-2012

SomeWhatLost Wrote:any reason this tablet wont work?
This is actually the tablet that I have been using for a year. Wink It has a MIPs processor, so don't expect any hardware acceleration from video players or such. It is stuck at Android 2.2 and does not have access to Google Play (Android market), though you can hack it in and have access to free apps...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - SomeWhatLost - 05-02-2012

Fonceur Wrote:This is actually the tablet that I have been using for a year. Wink It has a MIPs processor, so don't expect any hardware acceleration from video players or such. It is stuck at Android 2.2 and does not have access to Google Play (Android market), though you can hack it in and have access to free apps...
mostly just looking for a RIVA client to play with... cheaper=better
so, is it really "stylish & amazing"?:-)