Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 01-17-2012

I just aded a new action command, IntfViewer::RIVACmd, that is for sending arbitrary commands to RIVA clients that they can define the meaning of. That is probably a better way to deal with web browsery type stuff.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - jmwhooper - 03-21-2012

I decided to try an Android tablet as a touchscreen as I was getting a bit fed up of my Windows 7 Tablet (an Archos 9) as the screen is really unresponsive to touch.

I have an android base Arnova 10 G2, a great little tablet. I have reflashed it and remove the annoying software buttons to give me the full 1024x600 resolution for my interfaces.

I have tried both RDP and TARiva and so far they have both performed really well. When the tablet boots it goes straight into TARiva which is really nice from a user and kiosk functionality point of view.

My only question is what is the best way to blank the screen so that a touch on the screen rather than pressing the hard power button on the tablet will bring the IV back? Will the blanker work with the android fucntion to turn the screen off, rather than just placing a black overlay on the screen.

At the moment i have an app so at least when the screen comes back from the power button press I don't have to then unlock the tablet.

Does the screenblanker functionality work in TARiva, I have it set onload for a 60 second timeout but nothing happens.

If anyone is looking for a low cost (~£150 GBP) CQC interface tablet I'd recommend the Arnova 10 G2, reflashed and software buttons removed, I will buy some more of these for other rooms when I finally move house and start over again!

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-21-2012

There isn't anything specific that is done about the screensaver, it should act as in any other apps. Just keep in mind that if any of the screen's elements update within that 60 seconds, that would probably prevent the screensaver from kicking in...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - wuench - 03-21-2012

How are you getting you tablet to boot straight into TaRiva, I have been trying to get my Viewpad to do that forever and never found a way...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - zpollock - 03-22-2012

Fonceur,

Are there any near term plans for adding environment variable support? I have some templates that rely on them quite a bit, but I'm experimenting with taRiva and the missing variables are causing several issues.

Thanks.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-24-2012

zpollock Wrote:Are there any near term plans for adding environment variable support?
Well, someone was supposed to setup some test templates, but he got busy and his home network got hacked, so that never happened...

I also got a new job with some very long commute time, so my development time for other projects has shrunk a lot... Wink

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - pasha - 03-24-2012

I'm testing tariva on nook color with cm7 and have following issue:

If I do not exit tariva prior nook going to sleep when it wakes up its not responding to anything

Any suggestions?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 03-24-2012

pasha Wrote:If I do not exit tariva prior nook going to sleep when it wakes up its not responding to anything
In principle, it should reconnect once it sees that the network is back... If you hit the option menu key, go to Configuration and hit Apply, does it reconnect properly?

If you could install some Android log collector, like aLogCat, that might indicate why it's having issues reconnecting...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - wuench - 03-24-2012

Is TaRiva capable of hiding the bottom status bar in ICS? I just loaded ICS on my gTablet and all my RDP apps can't do it...

I may have to go back to Froyo...

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - pasha - 03-24-2012

Fonceur Wrote:In principle, it should reconnect once it sees that the network is back... If you hit the option menu key, go to Configuration and hit Apply, does it reconnect properly?

If you could install some Android log collector, like aLogCat, that might indicate why it's having issues reconnecting...

that's the problem...
if you select hide status bar I can't get to menu

normally if click home button it brings status bar in other applications, however here it just exists, but does not kill it

so unless I'm going to settings, force stop I can't get it back working....

-p