Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community
Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Printable Version

+- Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd. - Support Forums and Community (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum)
+-- Forum: Third Party Development (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Android Related Products (https://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Android RIVA Client: taRiva (/showthread.php?tid=6721)

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Sendero - 12-03-2011

Is the touch delay only in purchased versions? I installed latest version and now have buttons responding if I hold them long enough, but would like to have them quicker so that its more fluid.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-04-2011

Sendero Wrote:Is the touch delay only in purchased versions?
Right, that's one the few options not available in the trial mode of the non-Market version. Though if your template is not bigger than the device's resolution, you already get the no delay version.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 12-05-2011

I saw this thread on AVS about using the Kindle as a touch screen client.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=21302601#post21302601

It's kind of interesting how many of those CE Pro threads posted there in that section show up talking about something that this or that product can do, which CQC already was doing, sometimes for a good while already.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - optix - 12-16-2011

Dean Roddey Wrote:If you want to do it, it just adds to the GetSecurityToken message, which looks like this:

Code:
<!ELEMENT  CQCGW:EnvVar (#PCDATA)>
        <!ATTLIST  CQCGW:EnvVar
                   CQCGW:VarNum CDATA #REQUIRED>
        <!ELEMENT  CQCGW:GetSecurityToken (CQCGW:EnvVar*)>
        <!ATTLIST  CQCGW:GetSecurityToken
                   CQCGW:ResponseData CDATA #REQUIRED>

So, for any environment variables the user wants you to send, put an EnvVar child into the message. Only do the ones that are actually defined, so something like:

Code:
<CQCGW:GetSecurityToken CQCGW:ReponseData="xxxxxx">
    <CQCGW:EnvVar CQCGW:VarNum="1">Bedroom</CQCGW:EnvVar>
</CQCGW:GetSecurityToken>

They don't have to be in any particular order since the number (1 to 9) is indicated in the attribute. Of course escape the value appropriately since it's open ended text and might contain < characters.

Fonceur,

Is there any hope of having you implement the environmental variables?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Fonceur - 12-16-2011

optix Wrote:Is there any hope of having you implement the environmental variables?
I can't say that it has been very high on my priority list, but I'll see if batwater can setup some template for me to test... Wink Or any chance you could post a simple template for testing, so he can just make it available on his server?

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 12-16-2011

Fonceur Wrote:I can't say that it has been very high on my priority list, but I'll see if batwater can setup some template for me to test... Wink Or any chance you could post a simple template for testing, so he can just make it available on his server?

Optix,

If you post a template(s) I can make it available for testing. I don't have a need yet so don't have anything in the works.

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 12-16-2011

Just make one that, in OnPreload, loads up a few static text widgets the values it gets in the first few parameters or something like that. That'll make it very easy to test.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 12-17-2011

Fonceur Wrote:I can't say that it has been very high on my priority list, but I'll see if batwater can setup some template for me to test... Wink Or any chance you could post a simple template for testing, so he can just make it available on his server?

Dean Roddey Wrote:Just make one that, in OnPreload, loads up a few static text widgets the values it gets in the first few parameters or something like that. That'll make it very easy to test.

I'd set something up but I don't have a clue where to start. Trying to find where / how to read / set ENV variables in the documentation no luck. (Oh, and what release was this first available, I'm still on 4.04, finally getting around to updating to latest sometime this weekend)

Thanks,
-Ben

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - Dean Roddey - 12-17-2011

They are available as runtime values. So just use the insert menu on the action parameter and choose runtime values and there should be nine of them in there represented by the environment variables. On Windows those correspond to CQC_EnvRTV01 through CQC_EnvRTV09.

Android RIVA Client: taRiva - batwater - 01-17-2012

So, web widget like capability in the Android RIVA client, Fonceur? :-)

I'm thinking there's probably other environmental triggers on android we might want to explore but the 1st one that comes to mind is definitely the web object.

Thanks,
-Ben